Olympics

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
Has anyone been watching the gymnastics in the Olympics? I watched it last night, and think the USA girl got the shaft on the uneven bars. She was tied with the lil munchkin from China, and the Australian Judge gave her .1 less of a point which caused the Chinese girl to win the Gold, even though the USA girl had a better routine. They said that 4 of the Judges have never judged gymnastics before. Seems very strange that they have people judging things that they know nothing of, very unfair to the athletes who have invested years into the sport.

I heard them say repeatedly that they think but can not prove that the Chinese gymnasts are underage, so is this really fair that they are even competing in the Olympics?

GMN

Well, before this it was great big manly looking women from Eastern Block countries, and tiny little Romanian girls. There's always going to be some sort of controversy. You can't get away from it. I haven't watched a lot of it this time. I like track and field events way more than the gymnastics. And the spirit has gone out of the thing anyway. Everyone is competing for endorsements and not for the glory of sport. If I want to see that, I will watch a pro athletic event.

my mom has been watching them pretty much since they came on.every olympics there has been the rules have been bent an broken.an thats a fact of life.they do what it takes to try to win.

Let's not forget the chinese girl that was vaulting and fell to her knees when landing, but beat out the other girl that landed both of her vaults.

Just like the photo finish of Micheal Phelps and the other swimmer, I still swear the other guys hand hit the wall first, I guess lucky for him that they have underwater cameras, and that pressure thing that detects who hit the wall first, but still.. if it wasn't that way I think the other guy would have won the gold.

I was watching the marathon, 26 miles ladies, the other night, and all I got from that is tired. I can't imagine running that kind of mileage. After the Romania runner won, she did a few more laps for good measure. Good joints for sure.

GMN

I luv herfrds":2lhpmopb said:
Let's not forget the chinese girl that was vaulting and fell to her knees when landing, but beat out the other girl that landed both of her vaults.

There has been a lot of bickering over that. I watched the event on television and there's no way to justify what happened. The little brown eyed American girl hopped a little (sort of) and it gave her forth place. The Chinese girl landed on her knees and got third and bronze. It aint right and no one could convince me any different.

What Phelps achieved is unbelievable. I remember watching Spitz in amazement and thinking no one would ever top it. Phelps did.

With the Little League World Series and the Olympics happening at the same time; I can't help but wonder: Who's older? The 12 year old baseball players from the Dominican Republic or the 16 year old gymnasts from China?

I have heard 3 different people mention how they thought something was going on with the gymnastics judging. They are not related or even know each other for that matter. Kinda weird

Latest posts