oliver plows

Help Support CattleToday:

certherfbeef

Reaction score
What happened to being able to buy a plow for $100/bottom?????

Got my eye on an oliver 4-16. Not sure of the actual model number. But the thing is in good shape. Moldboards are rusty but nothing a little oil and some dirt won't fix.

I can't succer the guy into the old known that a plow sells for not more than a hundred bucks per bottom and a case of beer at the handshake.

Heck, round here you can buy a dead pulling horsepower fuel sucking IH plow for scrap price. No one will come off an oliver. :(

Maybe you can find some cheaper on your way to Crowder's...... :)

I have seen 4 bottom IH and Case plows go for $100 CDN a piece, but never an Oliver. Olivers are gold to us up here. You have to have a pretty nice John Deere plow to beat the price paid for a tried and true Oliver. All the oldtimers swear by them and either use an Oliver, or are waiting for a chance to buy one.

Cert - You're not trying to buy them plows off an Amish farmer up there are you ? That beer thing will never work and I'd say their price is at least double the price you had in mind. [/list][/quote]

Cert, found some for you. Check your pm's. The price is as it should be. :)

Bullbuyer":18zq1yum said:
Cert - You're not trying to buy them plows off an Amish farmer up there are you ? That beer thing will never work and I'd say their price is at least double the price you had in mind. [/list]
[/quote]

HA! I don't deal with the Amish.

Thanks for the info Scout.

Aaron, them oliver plows are the best pulling plows ever made. Hubby is an IH diehard untill it comes to a plow.
This guy is wanting $600 for this plow. Not quite double what I want to pay but too much for my cheap behind.

certherfbeef":1m1ai2tc said:
Bullbuyer":1m1ai2tc said:
Cert - You're not trying to buy them plows off an Amish farmer up there are you ? That beer thing will never work and I'd say their price is at least double the price you had in mind. [/list]

HA! I don't deal with the Amish.

Thanks for the info Scout.

Aaron, them oliver plows are the best pulling plows ever made. Hubby is an IH diehard untill it comes to a plow.
This guy is wanting $600 for this plow. Not quite double what I want to pay but too much for my cheap behind.

Cert ..where are you getting shares for Oliver plows.. or are you just robbing them from a wrecked one.

frenchie":271qlchg said:
Cert ..where are you getting shares for Oliver plows.. or are you just robbing them from a wrecked one.
Frenchie,
I've been robbing from junk plows. I'm about out of junk plows to rob from.
There is a place in Iowa called Blasters that sells at least the oliver 16". I have the number somewhere if you want it.

certherfbeef":3egnqgpg said:
frenchie":3egnqgpg said:
Frenchie,
I've been robbing from junk plows. I'm about out of junk plows to rob from.
There is a place in Iowa called Blasters that sells at least the oliver 16". I have the number somewhere if you want it.

Certherfbeef ..i thought If they were hard to get I would stockpile a few of these plows and strip the shares off them I have quite often seen them at spring sales.they sell for peanuts $10-$15 at the very most..
There is no demand up here at all for them smaller plows or even bigger plows..

Btw I was just thinking maybe I should be exporting them plows.. :idea: :lol:

frenchie":2xj5uk1c said:
Certherfbeef ..i thought If they were hard to get I would stockpile a few of these plows and strip the shares off them I have quite often seen them at spring sales.they sell for peanuts $10-$15 at the very most..

Gee Frenchie, maybe I ought to send hubby farther north for a load with the KW and he could bring back a couple nice sets of plows and a lifetime supply of shares too!!

Too bad you're not in the market for an IH. I know where there is a set of 5-16's semi mounted for $100 a board. It even has new coulters on it.

certherfbeef":2p8plx96 said:
frenchie":2p8plx96 said:

Gee Frenchie, maybe I ought to send hubby farther north for a load with the KW and he could bring back a couple nice sets of plows and a lifetime supply of shares too!!

Save your fuel.... I will likely be down there this fall to see my aunt.Shares don,t take much room.A plow can always be hauled on my flatdeck.

Latest posts