Old tractors

Help Support CattleToday:

VanC

Reaction score
These are the tractors I remember my uncle having on his farm back in the 60's and 70's. Anybody have any of these still working on their place?

Farmall M
Farmall H
Farmall Super C
Farmall 400
Farmall 460
International 826
Allis WD45

Still have a handful of C's and Super C's around the place. Kinda handy 'lil tractors for small mowers or whatever. Also have an IH 826 with the german diesel--it's a pretty good tractor as well.

I bought a Super C last year when the Ol Deere B wen't down for a while. I was gonna sell once the B was fixed, but I love the thing. Its now my mower/raker/hauler almost exclusively. Easy to steer for no power steering.

The hydraulics do all right. Its got a 3pt hitch on it.

So far I have been very impressed.

I used my WD-45 to do all the work around my farm last year (it came with the place). It pulled my IH 56T square bailer and even a Hesston 1090 MoCo. The issue I had was with only one hyd I had to vent the down hyd on the MoCo to let it float down rather than forcing it down. I really liked the WD-45 but it is just not heavy enough and nor powerful enough in modern times. I am going to keep the A/C to do my raking and brush hogging. I hope to get an IH 600/700/800 or JD to do the heavier work.

I love old stuff and from the auction prices I don't think I can loose money unless it just blows up when I get it home. 30 yo tractors worth more than they were new with 7k hours on them. Who would have thought!

Put a lot of time on an old M my dad had.

Steering wheel dang near broke my arm more than I can count when hitting anthills and disking plowed ground.

I hate those old tractors. Give me a new one with cab and air and I'm as happy as dead pig in the sunshine.

1946 farmall H still runs use it proabbly 3-4 times a week, its a crop row never refurbished

We have both an International 826 diesel and an Allis Chalmers WD45, both are used every day, the Allis pulls the hay trailer and the 826 loads it. That WD45 will start no matter how cold it is, although I can't say that for the 826. Both have been badly in need of an overhaul for awhile, but you just can't kill that WD45. I just pulled the 826 into the shop, it has oil in the antifreeze, looks like its time for some work, the hour meter says 2,300 and I'm sure its turned over a few times. I love those old tractors, they were built right. And how can anyone afford a new one on a ranchers income anyway?

Still using a WD 45 quite often. Even got a WC . Use it to rake hay and pull wagons out of the field. Both run good. Up until a few years ago, I had an Oliver 60 Rowcrop. But got an offer from a collector I couldn't refuse.

We have a farmall h that my grandpa bought new in i think 51, along with an m, super mta, and a 400 that are all used quite often on the farm yet.

Latest posts