Oklahoma mud

Help Support CattleToday:

Mountain_Fork

Reaction score
The ground was somewhat frozen when I went in but when the sun came out and warmed the ground and the ice and snow started melting. I just nearly didn't make it out and that was with 4wd
That stuff is slick as slobber
Those are not wedge soles. They have heels
Wished the auto locking hubs worked better

Those tires have pretty good grips on them that is covered in mud

Its amazing how that red dirt starts showing up around Stillwater area and out west.
That gummed up mud looks like the old black gumbo we have around here.. stuff gets stuck and almost have to blast it off.

We have the black dirt here as well. During the drought there was a few times that the winds carried the red dirt here and everything looked pink.

Here I have a distinct layer of top soil, and my subsoil looks like that. Do you guys have just one layer of soil?

Bigfoot":1yp4414c said:
Here I have a distinct layer of top soil, and my subsoil looks like that. Do you guys have just one layer of soil?

BF
This picture really doesnt show it well but there are several layers of different red color layers
There is a layer of light to dark gray. Sometimes it's down deep and In places close to the top

You could change it back to cross 7 if you wanted to. At least your red dirt has rocks in it for some traction. The red dirt here is slick as ice.

ga.prime":1hjtv85r said:
You could change it back to cross 7 if you wanted to. At least your red dirt has rocks in it for some traction. The red dirt here is slick as ice.

I tried it again
It's still inactive
The red mud sticks like glue but it's slick as snot if that makes sense

Latest posts