oil

Help Support CattleToday:

r and s peckman

Reaction score
May not be the right place for this, but effects our pastures. Have several oil companies, Colt and Mega West in the area buying leases. They are in several places in Kansas. I want to know the good and bad with the companies and experiences dealing with oil.

There has been 2 or 3 post about oil and gas wells on here recently.

Positive... make lots of money, get gravel roads on your place and cattle guards at every field, ect...

Negative... IF EVERYTHING is not spelled out in the lease with penalties to protect yourself it can be a very bad exerience.

Get with a local lawyer who deals with oil and gas leases in your area and they should be able to help you alot.

The comapnies themselves have been very good with working with us. The problems come from truckers hauling water to and from, and the dozer operators or others hauling oversized equipment. I have had a corner post knocked out 4 times in the past three months. Now the fence across the road is knocked down as well. There is plenty of room to turn in, they just cut it short etc. The gas copany jumps on it and fixes the fences when I let them know. The dozer haulers hit the fences and don't tell you or anyone else. So your cows can get out if you are not staying on top of it.

Latest posts