oh my gosh...

Help Support CattleToday:

personally i think that those who need to pack a grooming chute to a show do it to make a statement! SEE ME!
i am a professional cause i have all this STUFF and all of it is the best money can buy.
kind of like MONEY makes me better than you attitude. some feel the need to be something they are not, and do it by trying to impress folks! with what they have, or what they spend

When you got little kids running around and yelling. Some of the younger calves get nervous. They will turn out better in a chute than just in a stall. Do you show cattle??

I don't haul all of our gear to shows so people will "look at me". A lot of shows have a separate grooming area from the stall area, so it may not be practical to groom without a chute. I've also been kicked at by very gentle broke animals. A chute will prevent getting kicked in the face. It gets them off the floor, if you have a padded bottom, easier on their feet. We have 3 chutes. First two were bought used. Just bought an aluminum last year. Great investment when setting up. You can get by without a lot of equipment, but I would definitely get a chute of some kind.

Latest posts