Lots of pics!!! I found my camera card from the 2012 fair

Help Support CattleToday:

glacierridge

Reaction score
Here are the nieces and nephews with their calves in August.
They all worked hard, I'm very proud of them.
All the calves are from my brother's farm.
Matthew and his pudgy steer

Ben with his (he makes the calf look small... he's 6'2"

Derek letting his heifer catch a drink

Derek and Scott with their heifers

Derek with Cappie

Catherine with Dale

I was really proud of her, how she handled this big guy

Scott with Luna

I think she's pretty

Monica and Chip

Chip ended up placing 5th in the carcass contest

David with his Simmental/Pinzgauer cross, ended up being reserve champion carcass

Looks like they enjoyed it and that is what counts! They were all just a little undercooked, though.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, they all did. All in all, 8 kids between family and two that are almost family.
I love how they really took pride in their projects, even if they weren't the "best calves money can buy."
I think kids really can learn a lot by investing time, interest and research in their own stock.
I hope the kids might even take interest in AI selection for their future projects :)

Luna is less than a month away from calving.
Brother and I hope she has a bull the kids can work with for the 2015 fair, but she looks pretty light, probably a heifer.
She is been tamed down so much by my nephew, she behaves like a good horse with a groomer, a dairy farmer would be green with envy with how easily she can be touched and handled.
Due by the old Simmy bull Irish Black Knight, he's given us some nice solid calves so I'm hoping to be pleased with her calf. :)