Odds and ends pics

Help Support CattleToday:

MO_cows

Reaction score
Went to a small town fireworks display on the 4th and had a nice time. Gotta love small towns. These kids weren't gonna get any chiggers.
100_1766.jpg

These folks drove in their "rat rod" and boy did it sound like it had a healthy power plant in it. Notice what they have in the bed?
100_1770_cropped.jpg

There was a small carnival and this brave young lady rode the gyro, or as I call it, the Puke-mobile. She had a new hairdo and red face when she got out of it.
100_1769.jpg

We are on flood watch for the foreseeable future, the nearby Missouri River is up into the flood stage. So far the levees are holding and none overtopped, although there are some "sand boils" coming up that have been getting sandbagged. This water is from the Fishing River, a tributary that is backing up because the Mo is so high. Nobody is going down this road for awhile.
100_1758.jpg

I have heard of rice paddies, but I don't think this corn paddy is going to produce anything. It was a beautiful stand of corn, too.
100_1761.jpg

Some more corn that went clear under, you can still see the edge of the stand.
100_1746.jpg

These folks are ready, got their canoe right out the front door. If you look close, it is tied to the porch so it won't float away before they need it.
100_1748_cropped.jpg

Angus X Tarentaise yearling heifer.
100_1754.jpg

2 month old bull calf, purebred Tarentaise. His hindquarters were outgrowing the rest of him at this point, kind of awkward looking, but I think he'll come back together as he matures. He got sold with his mama so I likely won't get to see how he turns out.
100_1740_cropped.jpg

We are not in danger of flooding yet there are roads washed out all over here so I cannot even begin to imagine the devastation man made flooding has cause all of the farm land . SAD all over ,very very sad.

Looks like your community is staying strong and still taking time to celebrate the things that make you such great folks . Keep safe and thanks for sharing pics with us MO . :)

Nice photo's thanks for sharing....the water looks a bit like here at the moment, the rain is falling fast, a months in one night, the garden is a wash and the front has a puddle like a small pond, not as bad as yours but still bad for us. Hope the water recedes soon.

I like your heifer, Tarentaise sure puts hind muscle on an Angus. Your bull calf sure is growthy for 2 months old. :)

Latest posts