NRA

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
Does all the scandal cause you to reconsider your membership?

NRA money flowed to board members amid allegedly lavish spending by top officials and vendors

The NRA, which has been rocked by allegations of exorbitant spending by top executives, also directed money in recent years that went to board members — the very people tasked with overseeing the organization's finances.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/nra-money-flowed-to-board-members-amid-allegedly-lavish-spending-by-top-officials-and-vendors/2019/06/09/3eafe160-8186-11e9-9a67-a687ca99fb3d_story.html?utm_term=.5da71ea5e7ff

I dropped out 10 years ago. I had been a member since 1972. It is another sign of the failing institutions. Seems to be epidemic.

Bright Raven said:
I dropped out 10 years ago. I had been a member since 1972. It is another sign of the failing institutions. Seems to be epidemic.

It is epidemic. They organize around common good, and become focused on self perpetuation, and self enrichment.

NCBA comes to mind.

The NRA is the best we have to fight and support our 2nd Amendment. And further more, the NRA isn't disguised as a non profit organization so you kind of know what your getting. Donating money to the NRA, sure beats having to pay the NCBA every time you sell a calf.
Any gun owner that isn't a member of the NRA is nothing but a blowhard. The left "gun grabbers" doesn't like the NRA which is a good enough reason for me to waste $45 dollars a year.

True Grit Farms said:
The NRA is the best we have to fight and support our 2nd Amendment. And further more, the NRA isn't disguised as a non profit organization so you kind of know what your getting. Donating money to the NRA, sure beats having to pay the NCBA every time you sell a calf.
Any gun owner that isn't a member of the NRA is nothing but a blowhard. The left "gun grabbers" doesn't like the NRA which is a good enough reason for me to waste $45 dollars a year.

I think there are some other choices, and I will share them when I find them.

The National Rifle Association of America (NRA) is a U.S. nonprofit organization that advocates for gun rights. Founded in 1871, the group has informed its members about firearm-related legislation since 1934, and it has directly lobbied for and against firearms legislation since 1975.

Just because its a non-profit doesn't mean it can't pay its board members or employees.

I've never been a big NRA fan. They blow my small donations in flyers and junk they send back at me so I never really saw the point. They have been caving on a lot of gun laws here lately also. They are getting a little to cushy with the politicians and more disconnected from their members IMO.

True Grit Farms said:

This is a case of the devil we know versus the one we don't.
I will continue to be a member it's really the only PAC representing us.
Without them I think our rights would shortly be gone.
As with any association no matter if it is the AAA, AHA etc. Graft and corruption always slip in.
You have to remember the blue party wants you enslaved and the red in lifelong indentured servitude. There is a little difference not much. One you get to go home when your work is completed satisfactorily.
If the AAA had the media and politicians after it like the NRA it would be long gone.

Brute 23 said:
Just because its a non-profit doesn't mean it can't pay its board members or employees.

I've never been a big NRA fan. They blow my small donations in flyers and junk they send back at me so I never really saw the point. They have been caving on a lot of gun laws here lately also. They are getting a little to cushy with the politicians and more disconnected from their members IMO.

Paying them is one thing, but using my dues to live like a king is not why I pay them.

I wonder if Ollie got fired because he was calling them out on this lavish spending on themselves?

Even if I agreed with the way they were spending it, I'd never give them a dime. They've been infiltrated by the Russians.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/mar/01/nra-russia-investigations-gun-lobby

Buck Randall said:
Even if I agreed with the way they were spending it, I'd never give them a dime. They've been infiltrated by the Russians.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/mar/01/nra-russia-investigations-gun-lobby

:bs: This Russian stuff has really gotten old. The real shame is the gullibility of the American public to believe the current day Mein Kampf.

HDRider said:
Does all the scandal cause you to reconsider your membership?

Yes, for the amount of money and allegiance they have, their fruit seems quite anemic.

Of course, if they truly countered the threat of gun confiscation, would you feel the need to donate?

I have started supporting Gun Owners of America who I feel actually fight for gun rights.

The NRA has given in on a lot of the recent gun legislation and even helped write some of the bills.

In my opinion they should be against any kind of laws effecting gun owners.

True Grit Farms said:

Agreed 100 percent.
I bought the thousand dollar life membership,
Then I bought it for my boys for Christmas. Nobody's perfect, but without the NRA we would be hunting and defending our homes with archery equipment right now.

callmefence said:
True Grit Farms said:

Agreed 100 percent.
I bought the thousand dollar life membership,
Then I bought it for my boys for Christmas. Nobody's perfect, but without the NRA we would be hunting and defending our homes with archery equipment right now.

Under the Warren plan you will be allowed to keep a single shot shotgun, 20 gauge maximum, for hunting and "home defense".

1 (800) 672-3888

Press 1

You will be transferred to a person who works for the NRA. The first person you get does not work for the NRA.

They are getting a lot of calls from members.

They have published this letter.
https://www.nra.org/nra_message/An_Important_Message_From_Your_NRA_Leadership_and_Past_Presidents.pdf

Here is an excerpt
Fact: Over the years, Wayne had been advised by the NRA's advertising professionals to invest in his professional wardrobe due to his numerous public and media appearances. We understand that this was the same agency that facilitated the clothing purchases. What wasn't as evident in this "disclosure" is that the clothing expenses referenced in media reports dated back to expenses from 15 years ago! To put it in perspective, over this time period, Wayne has participated in thousands of events and hundreds of TV appearances, and personally directed fundraising efforts that total in the hundreds of millions of dollars. In any event, this practice was discontinued some time ago.

Caustic Burno said:
Buck Randall said:

:bs: This Russian stuff has really gotten old. The real shame is the gullibility of the American public to believe the current day Mein Kampf.

Not sure what you mean by this. Russia is very clearly attempting and succeeding with efforts to interfere with our country.

A gun guy recommended

SAF (Second Amendment Foundation) and GOA (Gun Owners of America)

https://www.saf.org/
https://gunowners.org/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c67m_uS3ALE

Latest posts