Now I Hate Twins Too!

Help Support CattleToday:

fit2btied

Reaction score
This is the first set of twins we've had, both heifers. Everything started OK but then the firstborn smaller calf just started to fall off. Mama appeared to be producing enough milk for both plus they were on the community pasture steal-a-meal plan but the one just wasn't performing up to par. At about 6 weeks we took her to the salebarn and she brought $165. Better than finding her down some day. Now, I officially hate twins too.
100_0821.jpg

why wouldn't you bottle feed & some of the calf grain and then set it in the fall for $500.00 give or take a bit? I know it's alot of work...we are doing it right now with two...was three and grafted one on to a cow. They are doing well.
I'm not judging, just asking?

I had stated in a seperate post how we have had no problem with twins for the first twenty some years of cattle, but the last two years we have had 3 sets still born and no surviving twins. I too will join your club.

rockridgecattle":3s6o61vn said:
...I know it's alot of work...
That's the main reason! :) Actually, we have just a couple weeks of school left and everything is mass chaos this time of year. The wife loves to talk to them but she's not interested in taking care of them. Aaaaannnd, we have a new grandson due to arrive May 18! All those excuses are just that! I still wouldn't bottle feed one even if I didn't have anything else to do.

Latest posts