Now bloody mucus........

Help Support CattleToday:

blackhawk_angel

Reaction score
I wrote on the 21st that our jersey had a long mucus string, {thank you for all the answers}, now today she has a string of bloody mucus, what does this mean? Thanks again

Nope she is acting the same as always. Doesnt seem to be in any pain. What we are worried about is last year she broke water then the vet had to come out and pull the calf and she was completely dilated but the calf had never moved up into the birth canal. but so far she has not broke water or done anything other than the bloody mucus. Any ideas?

I had one first time heifer that started showing a heavy discharge one week before she actually had it. I can understand you wanting to be there when she has it since the last one was pulled.

One of my Red Poll 1st calf heifers was lying down and grunting yesterday afternoon with a small pool of bloody mucous coming out. We put her and one of her also close to calving mates in a small lot with an open 16 X 12 shed. This morning, still no calves and no obvious signs of labor. Both look real close though.

A month of lambing show lambs and now Ist calf heifers is getting on my nerves but real satisfying when it works out well.

One of my Red Poll 1st calf heifers was lying down and grunting yesterday afternoon with a small pool of bloody mucous coming out. We put her and one of her also close to calving mates in a small lot with an open 16 X 12 shed. This morning, still no calves and no obvious signs of labor. Both look real close though.

A month of lambing show lambs and now Ist calf heifers is getting on my nerves but real satisfying when it works out well.

If the discharge is just off color because of mixed with manure, don't worry, but I have always been told if there is blood, something is going on and should be checked.
Not to be an alarmist, but I sure would be palpating my cow. (well, I wouldn't be - eighter my husband or vet)