Not Smart

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
We were coming home from a graduation party yesterday.
Since we were so close we decided to go check out this road that leads to our storage sheds over east. Now this road has been under water for quite some time but it looked fine.

IMG_3673.jpg

Well once we started going across you could feel how soft it was, about half way we really started to sink. Hubby gunned it. What you cannot see in the picture is there is a little hump and a low spot at the far end. It is still under water.
We sank almost up to the top of our tires. If we had not had the momenton we would have just stopped and sunk right there.

Waiting to get a call from the cousin about the tracks going through his stubble.

What makes us even think of things like that.I am one of the world's worst,like "hold my beer and watch this". :lol: :nod: :nod: You would thing at my age I would know better by now.I rekon sperience don't work on some of us.

Cal

Calman":31f2gg0t said:
What makes us even think of things like that.I am one of the world's worst,like "hold my beer and watch this". :lol: :nod: :nod: You would thing at my age I would know better by now.I rekon sperience don't work on some of us.

Cal

I'm like that too, I'll try to go through a wet spot that I know danged good and well I can't make it, but I'll try it anyway :dunce: .

Larry

I guess I've spent enough time walking down lonely dirt roads to finally learn a thing or to about mud. Now I only engage the 4-wheel drive right before I put it in reverse. Of course with tractors its a different story. I know I can pull them out with a D-8. Or at least half the tractor in some cases. :oops:

You would think i would learn but took my grandson for quad ride yesterday he says go through that mud grandpa i says no way we will get stuck. Grandson no way grandpa we can make it. Hopefully last time i give it to peer preasure from a 6 year old!!!

larryshoat":1g0wmhor said:
Calman":1g0wmhor said:

Cal

I'm like that too, I'll try to go through a wet spot that I know danged good and well I can't make it, but I'll try it anyway :dunce: .

Larry
How do you really know you can't make it unless you give it a try? :nod:

That pic was as we started across. There was so much mud and grass all over the truck when we got to the other side I couldn't get a picture. we didn't dare stop until we were on the other side of the hill.Don't think we will be crossing that road anytime in the near future. Got another 1.5" of rain in the last day and a half.
you can just barely see the 3' ditch on the right side of the road. It is on both sides.

Which of you southern boys and girls are up for some mud bogging? :D :D NOT! ;-)

Latest posts