Not looking good..

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
Pics today Feb 18 2010. We have had really no snow fall since the beginning of Jan. not what we needed after the drought. What we had is almost gone and we are having unusually warm temps. as of late. The corals are a mess, lovely ......The last couple of days I have had to wear rubber boots rather than my Baffins. :mad:

So I do understand what you all are going through being bogged down by mud, but at least we get a freezing temp over night so everyone gets a reprieve for a few hours. This is not normal weather for central Alberta.

All pics are taken from the home quarter .

Pasture
IMG_2363.jpg

Hay field that we broke up last fall ,needs to be reseeded this spring.
IMG_2366.jpg

IMG_2364.jpg

Hay field and surrounding area
IMG_2365.jpg

We had better get some darn rain in the spring or we are in severe trouble again.. :roll:

I'll trade you my 2' for your 6". With those slopes, maybe you can apply for Olympic ski run test funding and get the feds to ship snow from me to you. :cowboy:

I feel for you HD, but I can't help but giggle looking at your pics, knowing how much snow we had in south Alabama last weekend. Crazy stuff!

Arron, I have tried skiing down them before ,not enough slope. BUT they make a heck of a cross country running area. Maybe we could build a nice half pipe though.. :nod: :D

FW I have been through your part of the world and remember getting a sun burn in late October ( I never burn, ever) I cannot believe the amount of snow you have had.

Send it back to us you thieves,, it belongs here....... ;-)

hillsdown":x4k45tpt said:
This is not normal weather for central Alberta.

I don't know of anyone who is getting 'normal' weather this winter. Temps here have been higher than normal. Last summer was way out of the 'normal' zone and, according to the farmer's almanac, we can expect the same thing this coming summer.

They're talking SNOW around here for Tues/Wed!! Gotta go to the store to make sure I have catlitter and tp.
Most everything else I can do without..

HD i truelly do feel for yall.an i know how much yall need a good snow fall an lots of rain.to keep from being in a drought again.they say we are supposed to get snow tues an wed.i sure hope it misses us though.

Hope you get some moisture soon. Our weather was reversed the last couple of weeks. Heard it had something to do with the Icelandic Block or the greenland high. We are now returning to normal now so maybe your weather will return to normal shortly.

Interesting read.

http://www.docweather.com/4/show/166/

I really wish I could load up our snow and send it to ya HD. I'm sick of it, and we're not supposed to get a thaw anytime soon.

The fact that some of us are dry and some wet is just further uncontrovertable proof that "climate change" or "global weirding" is upon us.
Raise your hand if you can remember a time when everyone had the same perfect weather.
BTW, "Global Weirding" is the newest proposed term for whatever is happening weatherwise. With that descriptive, you are never wrong when you predict disaster.

Wish I could have sent you the 4" of snow we got this week HD. :( Don't worry it will rain again, even when it feels like it never will again.

Got fingers crossed and prayers that you are hip high in grass this summer.

HD we are looking pretty good for now, even got some of the white stuff today.

SnowDayinTexas.jpg

Hope your wait for moisture be over soon. I guess you could say we are as wet now as we were dry before. One extreme to the other with some winter thrown in now. :lol:

Latest posts