Northern Tool

Help Support CattleToday:

kerley

Reaction score
Has anyone bought a Northern tool 3pt. 55 gallon sprayer?
They are the lowest price sprayers I can find on the internet. I know that we pay for quality but for my little place it should be fine. The only thing that I don't like is the 2.2 gpm electric pump. Anyone ever used one of these sprayers?

I gotta north star spot sprayer from northern 14 gallon tank goes on rack of my atv works great but it dosen't do much of a wide spray . Mine has no boom just a wand , not sure what my pump is.

gonzo":2u8yg61h said:
I gotta north star spot sprayer from northern 14 gallon tank goes on rack of my atv works great but it dosen't do much of a wide spray . Mine has no boom just a wand , not sure what my pump is.
I've got the same sprayer with boom and a hand wand. The boom makes it real handy for spraying largish areas that are in tight spots.

My spot spray/fencerow sprayer has a near 5 gpm pump that I bought separately at Orscheln (like tractor supply).
It was $200+ for the pump but in my case I already had the tank and spray gun. Bigger pumps let you run a spray boom of some sort if you need that. 2.2 gpm won't run a boom but if you're spraying fence rows with a hand wand you'll love it. I was using a 2hp Briggs and Stratton with a hypro 4 roller pump before this. Sucked. The motor always needed a tuneup and the roller pump always needed a rebuild.

kerley":2vhxx513 said:
Has anyone bought a Northern tool 3pt. 55 gallon sprayer?
They are the lowest price sprayers I can find on the internet. I know that we pay for quality but for my little place it should be fine. The only thing that I don't like is the 2.2 gpm electric pump. Anyone ever used one of these sprayers?

You may have to replace the pump with a pto pump if you are trying to spray a wide area to get enough volume is all I can think of. My pto pump is rated at 22.1 gpm but most of that gets returned to the tank. It helps keep the mixture agitated though.

The nice thing about the electric pumps is they have consistent volume regardless of engine RPM, which is really nice.. We nearly picked up a little Vicon (I think) with a 40 gallon tank and an electric pump on a small cart with about a 6" boom, electric pump (don't know the volume) but we passed it up. We have a nice 100 Gallon FMC sprayer with a 400 PSI ceramic piston pump, stainless tank, and HUGE air fan that we're rebuilding now, it'll work good for what needs high pressure, but for low pressure stuff we may put a small electric pump on it and a boomjet nozzle and then we don't have to bother with the PTO at all, and we'll get consistent delivery. I said we're organic, right? it's for compost teas, bacterial cultures, etc :)

Latest posts