Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
BLACKPOWER":2mdjpc6p said:
la4angus":2mdjpc6p said:
la4angus":2mdjpc6p said:
Hey, go check the Canadian cattle markets. Then go check the CBOT's. Have a nice day.

Just what does the Canadian Cattle Market and the CBOT's have in common.
Is there a relationship.

Only a huge price gap.
A huge price gap in what.

What do you think.
I don't understand what you are insinuating. Please fill me in. I am just a dumb La. alligator trapper.
How does Canadian Cattle prices and CBOE prices correlate. Please fill us in.

la4angus":1j0jpxcx said:
BLACKPOWER":1j0jpxcx said:
Hey, go check the Canadian cattle markets. Then go check the CBOT's. Have a nice day.

Is there a relationship.

Only a huge price gap.

What do you think.
I don't understand what you are insinuating. Please fill me in. I am just a dumb La. alligator trapper.

Your an idiot.

Cattle Rack Rancher":1v1wrhkh said:
There was a guy from the Sandhills of Nebraska,
Who bragged he had the best cattle from there to Alaska.
You could tell by his language and temperament,
That his head was mostly full of cement.
When it came to working, he didn't bother,
Just took what he could off his old Grandfather.
With his slack jawed wit, and his awkward stance,
He reminded me of the boys from 'Deliverance'
As for a woman, He'd never had one.
Probably because he didn't have the gun.
There was one girl and he often kissed her,
Of course that girl was just his sister.
He often talked about getting cows bred,
But I think he should use a bull instead.
From what i've seen, I'm not a fan,
Because I don't think that he's much of a man.

Cute, when you have to sell the ranch because you can't make the payments on your land and cattle you can go on tour with your Cannuck Poetry. It's clever, but you can assume all you want. I still take relief in knowing that I'll get $700 a calf this fall. What are your calves worth up there. Not much aye? I'm surry.

BLACKPOWER":1aw2h51h said:
I still take relief in knowing that I'll get $700 a calf this fall. .
And you probably would have gotten $600 or $650 with an open border. You Sandhills operators have made it on a Hell of a lot less than that for a long time. No point in being greedy, is there? Why be so damm hateful to another cattleman, BP? You weren't raised that way, I'd be willing to bet!

LA4Sittingonmyass see above post to engage your mind about Canadian cattle prices vs. US cattle prices. all close with singing the Canadian Beef Industry theme song..................................... And another one down and another one down another one bites the dust..... another one bites the dust!

BLACKPOWER":2ci69ata said:
la4angus":2ci69ata said:

Is there a relationship.

Only a huge price gap.

What do you think.

Your an idiot.
BP. I am not trying to insult you. I am asking a simple question
A man with your intellect should be able to answer a simple question like this without being insulting. Or do you do not know and are trying to bluff your way around. Please answer the question.
:p :p :p :p

Texan":11lygv9m said:
BLACKPOWER":11lygv9m said:
I still take relief in knowing that I'll get $700 a calf this fall. .
And you probably would have gotten $600 or $650 with an open border. You Sandhills operators have made it on a Hell of a lot less than that for a long time. No point in being greedy, is there? Why be so damm hateful to another cattleman, BP? You weren't raised that way, I'd be willing to bet!

Let's see $700 vs. $600 is a $100 difference times 200 head thats $20,000 I'm a new producer, nothing given to me, I have to make loan payments, school payments, rent, and I'm buying my own machinery. I know a lot of guys my age who went back home and had everything handed to them, must be nice. I don't have an outside job so yeah I guess an extra $100 per head means a little more to me than it might to you. I'll use most of this just buying hay to feed because we haven't had a decent hay crop for 4 years due to the drought. EVERY extra dollar is important to me, I support my fellow American cattlemen but Canadians are not fellow producers they are my competitor.

BLACKPOWER":bq2p7fsf said:
Let's see $700 vs. $600 is a $100 difference times 200 head thats $20,000 I'm a new producer, nothing given to me, I have to make loan payments, school payments, rent, and I'm buying my own machinery.
I understand the math, BP. But if you're setting your business up to where you have to have $700 or even $600 calves to make it, you're a recipe for disaster. You've got to know that.

Even considering your financial situation, why do you hate the Canadian cattleman? Looks like you could sympathize with their situation. How come you hate them so much?

Texan":21d262gf said:
BLACKPOWER":21d262gf said:
Let's see $700 vs. $600 is a $100 difference times 200 head thats $20,000 I'm a new producer, nothing given to me, I have to make loan payments, school payments, rent, and I'm buying my own machinery.
I understand the math, BP. But if you're setting your business up to where you have to have $700 or even $600 calves to make it, you're a recipe for disaster. You've got to know that.

Even considering your financial situation, why do you hate the Canadian cattleman? Looks like you could sympathize with their situation. How come you hate them so much?

Because their situation became our situation, we are dealing with it, they are realing with it.

"I'm a new producer, nothing given to me, I have to make loan payments, school payments, rent, and I'm buying my own machinery. I know a lot of guys my age who went back home and had everything handed to them, must be nice. I don't have an outside job so yeah I guess an extra $100 per head means a little more to me than it might to you. I'll use most of this just buying hay to feed because we haven't had a decent hay crop for 4 years due to the drought. EVERY extra dollar is important to me"

BP, I'm in the same boat as a new producer. Different ship. Interesting to find out that you too have had to earn your own way in the cattle industry.

Take care.

BLACKPOWER":7n9kfkup said:
Because their situation became our situation, we are dealing with it, they are realing with it.
BP, I want to take this up with you under the R-CALF Poll topic. This has nothing to do with North Korea. I think that's a more appropriate place for it. Join me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts