Norhtern equipment recall.

Help Support CattleToday:

alabama

Reaction score
I ordered this wagon last summer and now it has been recalled. By the time I buy a box and pay postage to return it I could have gone to John Deere and bought a new one. BTW that is my grand baby in the picture.

Picture_042.jpg

I had a pump that was recalled by them and they paid the freight to ship it back to them. Give them a call

I did call them. They said I had to take it apart and send it back and I had to pay the postage. It was recaled due to led paint.
I won't let the baby back in it and will buy her a good one from John deere in the spring. I may keep the recaled one for light yard work. It should last a long time with led paint on it.

I can not understand why our government allows China to do so much of our manufacturing. We have had a lot of problems with China imports { pet food and painted toys } I am sure there are many more that havn"t been disclosed to the American public.Perhaps if we buy more China produced products, they won"t need as much in foreign aid.

kerley":1yeg36x5 said:
I can not understand why our government allows China to do so much of our manufacturing. We have had a lot of problems with China imports { pet food and painted toys } I am sure there are many more that havn"t been disclosed to the American public.Perhaps if we buy more China produced products, they won"t need as much in foreign aid.

We keep adding a couple Trillion $ national debt every year like we have for the last 7 years- it won't be long and China will have to be giving us (US) foreign aid so we can man the soup kitchens and stand in the soup lines again to survive ;-) :( :( :mad: :mad:

BertS":1fdqvmd6 said:
why not re paint it?

Good Idea.

I was disappointed with Northern Equipment for not notifying me that it was recalled. We saw it on the news one night and it was in a picture with several other things recalled. I just happened to be looking at the second they showed it. Northern Equipment has a record of every one that bought one so they should have sent out post cards to the owners, but nothing. We had to call to make sure it was recalled.
I have ordered a lot of stuff from Northern equipment and will order more in the future but they dropped the ball on this one.
However, this should remind us all to buy made in the USA and demand that out beef be labeled.

That is a pretty big blunder on Northern Tool's part in not notifying the people who purchased them. The only thing I have ever bought from them was a set of plans to build a 24 ft cattle trailer

llcupit":3a0fk1ht said:
Before you buy the John Deere you might make sure where it was made, a lot of their stuff is now made in China.

I think I will check first. Thank you

before you repaint you need to have stripped of all paint, as we have been informed here that the lead can get into the wood, and will still be unsafe unless chemically treated.

by the way what a cute baby, you must be so proud.

Latest posts