Noisy cow

Help Support CattleToday:

MistyMorning

Reaction score
Anyone ever cull a cow based on the noise she makes? I have one that makes an unholy racket that is getting on my every last nerve......

Ship her to diselbeef, he doesn;t have a nerve left that the cow could get on

MistyMorning":285rusmr said:
Anyone ever cull a cow based on the noise she makes? I have one that makes an unholy racket that is getting on my every last nerve......

What if any are her other problems?

tncattle":3v34pspc said:
MistyMorning":3v34pspc said:

What if any are her other problems?

Not a one, raises a nice calf, breeds back, no health issues, no problems. She is just plain old loud and it's not even a regular beller, it's an irritating one. Happens every time she sees me. None of the others carry on like that.

Your not alone. We have one that sounds like a fog horn, not kiddin. Weaning time is just great, wonder that nobody has shot her yet! lol

That would be our daughters favorite calf from 5 years ago... the thing bellers at anyone upon sight or sniff.. even from the back 40

...breeds back every year like a champ! :?

One of mine sounds like an elk..no lie..surprised no ones called the police on me complaining that I have "exotic" animals on my property!

we have a steer that if he hears a my sister and her husbands dully dodge or hears her in the yard he starts mooin till she either comes and pets him or goes back inside
she has him spoiled rotten he will drink bottled water yes from the bottle he doesnt even acknoledge me in the field but hears her hes at the gate cring

The funny thing about it is it can be hereditary. I have cow with a unique high pitched bellow and her daughters that I have kept have the same voice. Makes it easy to remember their lineage.

Latest posts