No closeup on this one !

Help Support CattleToday:

coachg

Reaction score
76FC6732-0795-44CE-BDCB-59CDC9C8B462.jpeg
Son bought a commercial herd from a neighbor who lost his barn , equipment , and his love for farming I think after being hit by a tornado . Had 2 of these girls , both red , horned , and fast . We caught her and worked her 4-5 years ago when we first rented his farm and bought the cattle . We haven't got her in the catch lot since or she has jumped or crawled out .Always raises a great calf and we have been able to catch her calves . The other one went to the sale barn and brought very little. I told my son she might just have to die of old age . Calf is a bill payer / bull .

On a positive for her , She keeps all coyotes out of the pasture . She has never offered to charge or use her horns towards us . She just don't like to be put in the catch lot ! I did get close the next day putting out hay to know her calf is a bull . Son says she is organic ; no additives, no antibiotics, no wormer , no fly spray .

View attachment 12223
Son bought a commercial herd from a neighbor who lost his barn , equipment , and his love for farming I think after being hit by a tornado . Had 2 of these girls , both red , horned , and fast . We caught her and worked her 4-5 years ago when we first rented his farm and bought the cattle . We haven't got her in the catch lot since or she has jumped or crawled out .Always raises a great calf and we have been able to catch her calves . The other one went to the sale barn and brought very little. I told my son she might just have to die of old age . Calf is a bill payer / bull .
I like her

if you are happy and ole red is happy, why change anything?
First she belongs to my son , 2nd she always leads two or three with her if she decides not to go in the corral . I told him she could die of old age and I would be ok but he doesn't like having a rogue in the bunch . I've spoiled him with our angus herd .

We are about 40 miles from Kilpatrick. When we sold her sister , Ft Payne stockyards told us because of her horns she couldn't go through the chute at the kill plant . That's why she didn't bring much . She was open (don't know why ) so couldn't sell her as a bred .

Around 35 + or -...used to spend a lot of Saturday's there..haven't been back there since Jerry Don Greene died. go to Arab now I have to pull a mountain or two,no matter which direction I go..

She's a lot like my friend's cow that's called "Red" as well, and you don't get near that baby either

20180902_105121.jpg

Her sister.. and only the grandkids would name her "Rainbow".. I think she's boss cow... there's no catching either of their calves
20180902_103711_HDR.jpg

Around 35 + or -...used to spend a lot of Saturday's there..haven't been back there since Jerry Don Greene died. go to Arab now I have to pull a mountain or two,no matter which direction I go..
We send our calves and good stuff to Arab and culls to Ft Payne

She isn't that old. Stress face. I've had those cranky bitches that calve until they are 22-23.
The wild wild ones just feed coyotes
This is the 4th year we've owned her . Don't know how old she is . Always keeps her body condition so I don't think she's old enough to collect ss but she ain't no spring chicken .

Latest posts