NJAS

Help Support CattleToday:

AngusSenorita

Reaction score
I am wanting to take my heifer to NJAS this summer she will calve in late May and was born 12-04-04 I will have graduated and will be 18. I haven't been able to find show rules to find out if I will be too old or if my heifer will be to old. If you know where the rules are posted please let me know.

thanks

AngusSenorita":15q4fa0m said:
I am wanting to take my heifer to NJAS this summer she will calve in late May and was born 12-04-04 I will have graduated and will be 18. I haven't been able to find show rules to find out if I will be too old or if my heifer will be to old. If you know where the rules are posted please let me know.

thanks

I think your age is ok. The rules state heifers should be born sept 1, 2005 to dec 31, 2006. You can show cow calf pair. those dates are two year old cow born after july 1, 2004. and calf must be cow's most recent natural calf and must be born after sept 1, 2006. that is what i found in our njaa information packet. you can e-mail them at [email protected] for any other info you need.
good luck! :)

Were you the owner of record when she was bred? If not, you can't show her as a pair. Your age is fine. If you're a member, they should have sent you a set of rules. We got ours a few weeks ago. If you're not a member, you can't show.

6M's right, you do need to have owned, bred and reg her before breeding. We received our book a couple of weeks ago also. Also calf must be reg and tattooed by show date and have the original certificate.

I bought her in june or july of 05. would have to look at her papers to find out which month, but I think I am okay on the ownership date. I need to join NJAA soon. Does y'al know anything about the Texas Angus show Thanks so much.

P.S. she will calve on may 30

Latest posts