NJ bound

Help Support CattleToday:

Fire Sweep Ranch

Reaction score
Sold my red bull within 12 hours of posting him on facebook. He leaves to NJ this evening. This guy really turned on the grow the last 30 days. He weighed in at 1143, not quite 13 months old, and passed his BSE with flying colors. He is so pretty to look at in the field, with that deep red color. We don't get many red ones. He will be missed!
2hojpf9.jpg

Nice looking bull Fire!

Haven't used any FB cattle For Sale groups to sell anything the past few years and the last time I tried it I just got bombarded with messages not long after posting. From what I can tell it works for some if it's a good animal and priced just right but it also seems like more "tire kickers" on FB doing price checks or trying to find a bargain than having legit interest with my last experience with it. Most of the interest we seem to get comes from Craigslist or guys who apparently just follow our website or FB page and knows when something is for sale. Two of our 4 bulls this year sold to repeat customers and one of them called us the morning right after I had posted the bulls up on our website the night before so assume he must have been checking in on that or was just a convenient coincident. It's surprising just how many calls and emails we get even when we don't have anything actively posted for sale from just having a website out there that someone found. As dad always says "other than my wife anything on the farm can be sold if the price is right!"

Nice bull calf. He should do his new owner a lot of good. There was a nice Bozeman son sell very well in may area recently. Guess I will have to try and go look at their cattle when I have time.

MRRherefords":2m7emxve said:
NonTypicalCPA":2m7emxve said:
Is Facebook the new Craigslist for selling? I'm not getting as much traffic on my Craigslist ads as I used to.
It can be a good marketing tool. I get 10x more interest on FB than on Craigslist.
And at least for me, the (potential) buyers seem more legit - you can see their picture, know where they're from and on the KS Farmers/Ranchers they have to be approved before they "join" the group. Plus, I've had better luck & no longer post on Craigslist.