Nice N.E. Alabama Buck

Help Support CattleToday:

Nowland Farms

Reaction score
Below is a picture of a nice NorthEast Alabama Buck taken Monday morning by my oldest Son's buddy about a mile from our place. This buck was taken out of the Talladega National Forest in Cleburne County Alabama.

Last Saturday my son Blake and his buddy, Billy where out walking the woods squirell hunting when they came across a good scrape line. They made a mental note of the scrape line and continued on their way. Since neither of the boys hunt Sunday mornings because of church being a priority. Come Monday morning my son Blake headed to his college class and Billy headed to the scrape line. Billy said about 7:30am the buck came through the woods like he owned the place. A well place shot at 75 yards and the buck was down.

The buck weighted 150 lbs field dressed and was about 19 inches inside spread.

This buck is a lot bigger than the rest of the bucks I have seen come from the same area. This area is not well known for producing the big bucks that the folks in lower Alabama see on a daily basis.

MyBigBuck001.jpg

I don't care what part of the country you are from. That is one nice buck. Congrats to the hunter. Isn't it strange how good your luck can be when you take the time to go to church? :lol: Boone

Nowland,
My brother lives between Piedmont and Heflin. He's not far from Duggar Mountain and he lives on a mountain, (don't know the name of it) and can see Georgia from his porch. Are you anywhere in that vicinity? (Calhoun County)

Yeah, Piedmont is in northeast end of our Calhoun county. I'm in the the southwest end of the county. About 20-25 miles the way the cry flys.

Latest posts