NH TL80 PTO

Help Support CattleToday:

Banjo

Reaction score
I have a TL80 with a push button pto switch. Is there anyway to engage the pto easily with those switches?

I idle it down pretty low to engage the pto switch and it still gives a hard jerk when it starts turning. I recently went to a 15' batwing instead of the 12' I used to use and it being bigger almost chokes it down when you first engage the pto switch. After it gets going its fine.....I just like the old fashioned levers where you can put the pto in gear real easy.

We have a tl90 with a lever. Same deal chokes the tractor and rough. I don't think it is the switch or lever but the tractor.

Most newer tractors are like that. The engineers wouldn't have implemented it if it caused accelerated wear on the clutch parts.

You can "rock" the PTO to get it turning some before engaging all the way, but that's not how it's designed to work, and may wear the clutch even faster.

Have a Maxxum 110 with that setup, it has 1500+ hours running 15 and 20 foot cutters on the original PTO parts. Tractor is up around 4000 hours total.