News?

Help Support CattleToday:

The Culard line are double muscled and carry the same problems the other double muscled breeds do.

lithuanian farmer":1timzj77 said:
I'm sure that almost all know Charolais breed, but does anybody know Culard Charolais? Have anyone tried them or beef breed Inra 95?

From my old research I found out that Culard is a dead end, calving difficulties and health problems.
The inras seems to be a very progressive breed, for their purpose.
The breed is specifically developed for crossbreeding on holstein cows for the production of veal, meaning basically bred only for muscle, a light colour (to show calf buyers that the crossbred calf is sired by a beef bull) and birth ease.

ANAZAZI":kodeop9s said:
lithuanian farmer":kodeop9s said:
I'm sure that almost all know Charolais breed, but does anybody know Culard Charolais? Have anyone tried them or beef breed Inra 95?

From my research I found out that Culard is a dead end, calving difficulties and health problems.
The inras seems to be a very progressive breed, for their purpose.
The breed is specifically developed for crossbreeding on holstein cows for the production of veal, meaning basically bred only for muscle, a light colour (to show calf buyers that the crossbred calf is sired by a beef bull) and birth ease.
We've tried Inra 95 semen on our dairy cow.
http://www.litgenas.lt/img/File/RAISIN.pdf
Born bull. At 14 months his weight was 428kg and carcass yield was 58%. I think not bad for half dairy.His dam dairy genetic is very strong, so all of her calves don't grow fast.

Latest posts