News

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
I am not much for watching the news anymore,just too depressing .But I happened to catch some of it early this morning.Man the central states are catching he(( what with tornadoes,rain and floods.
Looks like some of ya'll are getting it pretty bad. I just hope all our CT friends are okay over that way. Kinda hard to believe ya'll are getting either blown away or washed away and we are getting burned out.Just heard from a neice that they are evacuating their home near big river in the lead belt area. Hope you are okay over there Fit 2 be tied. Stay safe everyone!!

Cal

Angus Cowman":14odxgqz said:
They were evacuating people in Poplar Bluff yesterday because of a pending levee breach on the Black river yesterday never heard if it broke or not
Saw some footage this morning and they mentioned the Black River. In one place water was going thru what appeared to be a levy....and man it was moving too. Houses sitting in water up over the doors.

we got a mixed bag headed our way,, with all the fixins... flash flood, high winds, hail... followed by the manafratured homes worst nightmare,,,, mr. T

Calman":2w03hwdt said:
...Hope you are okay over there Fit 2 be tied. Stay safe everyone!!

Cal
We're fine, up on the ridge. Have had 9.2" since it started raining Thursday afternoon. The gravel road and our mailbox have washed out twice, but nothing major. County road crew was able to do a 'bandaid' repair same day both times. Hope you get the rain you need down your way! Between the drought and wildfires you all are facing, I'll take too much rain any day!

We had another .7" overnight to put us at 9.9" total. Weather Service said Cape Girardeau has had 14.5" and the Bluff has had 15.5" total, and calling for more today, with the more severe stuff south of us, like in the Poplar Bluff area. They sure don't need it right now!

fit2btied":12ps9w1d said:
We had another .7" overnight to put us at 9.9" total. Weather Service said Cape Girardeau has had 14.5" and the Bluff has had 15.5" total, and calling for more today, with the more severe stuff south of us, like in the Poplar Bluff area. They sure don't need it right now!
Dwon around table rock and bulls hols they had over 15 inches by yesterday morning. Haven;t paid any attention since then. We're soggy enough here.

dun":3h0ktrij said:
fit2btied":3h0ktrij said:
Dwon around table rock and bulls hols they had over 15 inches by yesterday morning. Haven;t paid any attention since then. We're soggy enough here.
I heard the news people say the new "Landing" downtown on Taneycomo had water coming in the doors on the creek side of the lake. Said they had cut off all the propane to that side and shut down the stores. And that was before they opened the floodgates on Table Rock.

We had another 1.4" in the last 24 hours, 11.3" total. That's nothing compared to news reports this morning. NWS reported 173 known dead, 128 in Alabama and 32 in Mississippi, from tornadoes in the past 24 hours. Said the numbers are expected to rise sharply as daybreak arrives. Said the eastern seaboard was still expecting more tornadic weather throughout the day. All are in our prayers!

Latest posts