New young Hereford bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky hills

Reaction score
Last Saturday, went to a Hereford sale in Mount Sterling, KY. Bought this 3-26-2017, bull calf. Registration # P43798014
It was a consignment sale, he was from Virginia.

Bullitt":oibkffof said:
He's a good looking Hereford bull calf.

How do you plan to breed him?

Thanks. If he grows out well and passes a BSE, he will likely be put with our small group of registered Hereford cows.

Still young. Hard to make a fair evaluation at this time. But overall a nice calf that is a good prospect.

Not a bad looking calf. I hope he does well for you.

Where in Virginia is he from? What part of the state (if you don't care to mention the breeder)?

Thanks y'all.
Workinonit Farms, I don't personally know the breeder, but the farm name was listed in the catalogue so I don't mind to mention it, GBW Herefords, from Fincastle Virginia

I don't know them personally but do know a lot of the breeders in Virginia and they raise good Herefords. A lot of our cattle are Virginia bred. Received a catalog, so if you don't mind my asking what lot # was he. He looks good.

MRRherefords":1cw1lkc3 said:
I don't know them personally but do know a lot of the breeders in Virginia and they raise good Herefords. A lot of our cattle are Virginia bred. Received a catalog, so if you don't mind my asking what lot # was he. He looks good.

Thanks, he was lot 26. There ended up only being 3 bulls sold in the sale, he and the 2 older bulls, the others were out of the sale.

Let us know how he grows and matures. At that age it's hard to tell how he may look even a few months from now but he looks like a nice prospect. I like a lot of the bulls on the top side of his pedigree and the more I dig back further in his dam's pedigree I found KCF Victor X4 who is a bull we used AI a bit a long time ago and liked the calves we got out of him.