New Years Resolutions for Cattlemen ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Not go broke.. that's about as simple as I can make it...

I have a field to reseed, corrals to fix, etc.. the usual stuff

RanchMan90":r7sbzxkl said:
Dave":r7sbzxkl said:
Goals written down? Heck I don't even write down a grocery list.
The 2017 plan is to sell this place and move. I have had enough of the population, traffic, and constant rain. For this year the cattle will be something simple and easy just because there will be too much other stuff going on. I am thinking broken mouth pairs to eat the hay I have on hand and grass over the summer. Grass starts getting weak about August and I will empty the pastures.
Long term I will be doing the bred heifer operation, or stockers, or short term cows. Some sort of deal where I have times of the year with few or no cattle so I can behave like a retired person. Also this gives me to ability to move from one type to another as the market dictates. I won't be dong a cow/calf operation.
I planned on being free this winter. Couldn't resist it and had to find some cattle to feed :)
Ranchman some folks might say that having some cattle to feed is living free and happy. I am suspecting that you might be one of them.

hillbillyhammer":2q62xabd said:
RanchMan90":2q62xabd said:
Dave":2q62xabd said:
Goals written down? Heck I don't even write down a grocery list.
The 2017 plan is to sell this place and move. I have had enough of the population, traffic, and constant rain. For this year the cattle will be something simple and easy just because there will be too much other stuff going on. I am thinking broken mouth pairs to eat the hay I have on hand and grass over the summer. Grass starts getting weak about August and I will empty the pastures.
Long term I will be doing the bred heifer operation, or stockers, or short term cows. Some sort of deal where I have times of the year with few or no cattle so I can behave like a retired person. Also this gives me to ability to move from one type to another as the market dictates. I won't be dong a cow/calf operation.
I planned on being free this winter. Couldn't resist it and had to find some cattle to feed :)
Ranchman some folks might say that having some cattle to feed is living free and happy. I am suspecting that you might be one of them.
Yep I suppose it's where I find my peace and some true job satisfaction.

RanchMan90":a3w3lctm said:
hillbillyhammer":a3w3lctm said:
RanchMan90":a3w3lctm said:
Yep I suppose it's where I find my peace and some true job satisfaction.

x2, A winter with no cattle to tend to sounds miserable to me. I love my westerns but one can just watch Gunsmokes and Rawhide for so long :lol: