NEW TOY

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms":2w3yxyky said:
Don't wear Crocs or flip flops when you weld.

Great advice... I just don't own a pair of either :yuck:

Nesikep":2w3yxyky said:
What's that? I don't read spanish!

A welder.. I just noticed all that Spanish on it.

jltrent":2w3yxyky said:
You must have been a good boy this past year.

Id like to think so :) In the new year I've decided to further my education and take a welding course to become certified. I can weld MIG no problem but never used stick much. I want to learn how to properly weld things.I figure you can never have to many tools in the toolbox if you are a farmer. This welder welds AC/DC so my friend told me it be good to get me started. He is a welder certified in different types of welding and has been teaching me some things.

skyhightree1":bjfjptp4 said:
True Grit Farms":bjfjptp4 said:

Great advice... I just don't own a pair of either :yuck:

Nesikep":bjfjptp4 said:
What's that? I don't read spanish!

A welder.. I just noticed all that Spanish on it.

jltrent":bjfjptp4 said:
You must have been a good boy this past year.

Id like to think so :) In the new year I've decided to further my education and take a welding course to become certified. I can weld MIG no problem but never used stick much. I want to learn how to properly weld things.I figure you can never have to many tools in the toolbox if you are a farmer. This welder welds AC/DC so my friend told me it be good to get me started. He is a welder certified in different types of welding and has been teaching me some things.

Or even tennis shoes, for that matter. A molten blob will melt right through the tongue faster than you can slip it off.

A lot of mechanics say it should be illegal for farmers to own welders.

callmefence":3jn2nmdr said:
True Grit Farms":3jn2nmdr said:

Do wear a hood.. or you'll be blindhightree

you got that right... I don't need that.

dun":3jn2nmdr said:
Get a good auto welding helmet

I have one seems to work fine so far can you suggest a good one mines made by Hobart as well

callmefence":3jn2nmdr said:

M5 needs to heed that tip also. He's the one who tried burning a hole through his foot by wearing Crocs and welding.
http://www.mansiontools.com/welders-arc ... wAodmfUGNw
The drops beat potatoes for flash burns.

:lol2: I cant believe he would do that that's crazy.. :lol:

skyhightree1":3uo2uxmt said:
callmefence":3uo2uxmt said:
True Grit Farms":3uo2uxmt said:

dun":3uo2uxmt said:

I have one seems to work fine so far can you suggest a good one mines made by Hobart as well

True Grit Farms":3uo2uxmt said:
callmefence":3uo2uxmt said:

M5 needs to heed that tip also. He's the one who tried burning a hole through his foot by wearing Crocs and welding.

I don't know if you can beat the Harbor Freight helmets.

Bought one in 09, used it to build miles of pipe fence and two corrals/chutes. I finally had to retire it after dropping it last year from a ladder. It still worked, but the adjustment knob broke, so the lens was set at #9 all the time. The inside of the lens was spattered up pretty bad anyway.

The eye doc said everything is good. Those helmets have never flashed me.

skyhightree1":2y6ar40m said:
callmefence":2y6ar40m said:
True Grit Farms":2y6ar40m said:

dun":2y6ar40m said:

True Grit Farms":2y6ar40m said:
callmefence":2y6ar40m said:

been doing it for yrs just so happened a piece of slag went between my toes and imbedded , Sometimes ya gotta weld something and no time to put on clothes and boots

I use to have some reebok shoes with open areas on the side thru the shoe (they were made like that). The shoes got old and I was wearing them around with no socks and shorts in my dads shop. I started cutting some pipe for him and the torch popped... threw a drop of hot metal right thru that slot on my shoe. I started screaming and freaking out. They were pouring water on my foot but the metal ball was burning itself down in to my foot. They held me down and pulled the metal ball out of my foot with a pocket knife. Had a pretty decent crater for a couple years.

Last year I was wearing crocs dove hunting and a thorn went all the way thru the crocs and in to my foot. Had the crocs pinned up against my foot. My foot was soar for 3 weeks after I pulled it out.

I wear proper foot attire for the situation now. :oops:

In the new year I've decided to further my education and take a welding course to become certified. I can weld MIG no problem but never used stick much. I want to learn how to properly weld things.I figure you can never have to many tools in the toolbox if you are a farmer. This welder welds AC/DC so my friend told me it be good to get me started. He is a welder certified in different types of welding and has been teaching me some things.[/quote]

:clap: :clap: :tiphat:

Brute 23":31veihlg said:
I use to have some reebok shoes with open areas on the side thru the shoe (they were made like that). The shoes got old and I was wearing them around with no socks and shorts in my dads shop. I started cutting some pipe for him and the torch popped... threw a drop of hot metal right thru that slot on my shoe. I started screaming and freaking out. They were pouring water on my foot but the metal ball was burning itself down in to my foot. They held me down and pulled the metal ball out of my foot with a pocket knife. Had a pretty decent crater for a couple years.

Last year I was wearing crocs dove hunting and a thorn went all the way thru the crocs and in to my foot. Had the crocs pinned up against my foot. My foot was soar for 3 weeks after I pulled it out.

I wear proper foot attire for the situation now. :oops:

That, and fescue seed getting in my socks, are what made me transition to wearing a Wellington style work boot full time.

Latest posts