New to this forum...

Help Support CattleToday:

born2run

Reaction score
I'm from Wisconsin, born and raised on a dairy farm. My dad sold the cows in 1997, but I never managed to get very far from the dairy industry. I worked for one small dairy (in a flat barn) for almost 3 years, then moved "up" to another large dairy, where I've worked for the last 2+ years. I work night shift (go in at 6 PM and am done by 2:30 AM), milking 400+ cows in a double 12 all exit herringbone parlor. I love it there! I've been looking for a forum that can share the ups and downs, highs and lows of this job. Glad to have found ya'll!

Welcome from North Alabama, I've hunted on a dairy in Watertown a few times. Lots of deeer in that area.

Let's see....... for your initiation in joining the forum, you have to send me some cheese curds. I have never tried them, but they sound so good. People tell me they squeak when you bite into them. I don't care if you send yellow or white. I can hardly wait! :)

Welcome aboard the boards. :lol: Lots o great folks here and plenty of room for dairy folks also.

Welcome! Oh yeah, me too! I LOVE cheese curds! I like the white ones though! BTW Chuckie, they do sort of squeek. I know you can order them online but I'd have to get the site from my friend that ordered them. IYI.

Hmmmm. Seems like if born2run could ship the chese curds he/she could pick up some pretty good pocket change.

Hey ya'll! Thanks for the warm welcome! Lol...I live literally right down the road from a small cheese factory that sells incredible cheese curds and everything else milk-related. I'll have to calculate my profit off of this and get back to you with shipping some out. :p My boss wants to put up a bottling plant this spring, so maybe I'll get discounts. :D

Forgot to add one key point about myself, and since there seems to be a lot of horse people here as well...I'll add it now.

I own 2 horses (hence the reason I work so hard!). An Appy mare and a QH pony mare. I'm an avid english rider, and take dressage lessons. Also a trail riding fanatic.

Welcome....was raised with Holsteins, family dairy farm.
I'd send Chuckie the curds...would like a pic posted when he tastes one for the first time...
Anyway....wlecome again...Sue and Dave Mc

Susie David, have camera, will shoot. I will run to the mailbox each day to see if my curds are in. UPSing them will be just fine too. Don't Fed Ex em,' they won't leave em.' I can tell by the driver that he eats the freight if food is involved. If he knows about the cheese curds, the only place I will see them is on his face and the front of his shirt.

Latest posts