New to Cattle.

Help Support CattleToday:

jim

Reaction score
Is now a good time to get into cattle? I noticed that the prices are down a bit, and a grazing lease will be involved. Opinions please.

Thanks
jim

Well i have always been told you can make money if you buy low and sell high. I haven't tried that yet but seems like it would work. Cattle are down now so i guess it as good of time as any.

yes with cows being down now is a goodtime to buy some bred cows or pairs.but you need to have 2 things before you buy the cows.1 is have a place leased with good grass an water.an a set of corrals.2 you need to have access to hay.an make sure the fences are good.you dont want tobe chasing cows esp new 1s that not used to the place.

Cows ARE down now... last week at the sale barn.. there were over 500 momma cows on the block. That is a big number.
But I would say that if you are going to get in the business, or stay in it..... keep your cattle costs to a bare minimum; such as low feed and more grass.(for those of you that have good grass on your pastures) Make sure you have good grazing for the # of head you have.

Latest posts