New tiger pups...

Help Support CattleToday:

Proverbs 12:10

Reaction score
Nice calves. What do you do with the donkeys? I'm sure those eared mommas don't need protection from anything.

About half the calves are showing a brindle look already but probably none of those made the pics. The donks are pets of the wife and daughters...otherwise they'd be on a plate in Paris!

YES!!! Those are some really nice calves.The mothers look really nice as well. Are those reg.Brahmans? Thats the direction I want to head in with mammas that look like yours.

These are all reg. brahmans bred to a reg. polled hereford bull. So far it's nearly an even split bull/heifer calves. All calves have been under 75 pounds.

nice cattle. id did the same thing years ago,but got to be too expensive. and the market was'nt as good here..it was looking more like a hobby, then the hobby it was :lol:

Proverbs 12:10":9w33szvd said:
These are all reg. brahmans bred to a reg. polled hereford bull. So far it's nearly an even split bull/heifer calves. All calves have been under 75 pounds.

Show us the bull too, please.

KNERSIE":23hb0qxg said:
Proverbs 12:10":23hb0qxg said:

Show us the bull too, please.

I don't have a pic of the bull except on my old PC that crashed. When I get a chance I'll take a new one and post.

ALACOWMAN":3vcrn5dh said:
nice cattle. id did the same thing years ago,but got to be too expensive. and the market was'nt as good here..it was looking more like a hobby, then the hobby it was :lol:

You are correct...it is expensive going this route. I have looked at going to AI with sexed-semen to improve the numbers. Years with more heifers sure help!

Proverbs 12:10":1v6b0crh said:
ALACOWMAN":1v6b0crh said:

You are correct...it is expensive going this route. I have looked at going to AI with sexed-semen to improve the numbers. Years with more heifers sure help!
that is the way id get back in it. though you can off set the steers discounts with the heifer's. it seem that the cows you want the most heifer's from have bulls.

ALACOWMAN":5lcchoj2 said:
Proverbs 12:10":5lcchoj2 said:
ALACOWMAN":5lcchoj2 said:

that is the way id get back in it. though you can off set the steers discounts with the heifer's. it seem that the cows you want the most heifer's from have bulls.

It would help if the brammer replacement heifers were not so high dollar...especially if you are selective in what you buy. I have also thought about finishing out the steers and marketing the beef myself. The quality yield on the few we have done is not reflected at the sale barn.

Latest posts