new shredder

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
well we went to see a man that was selling out of his equipment feed troughs an such yesterday.an we was only there to get 3 feed troughs an 2 mineral feeders.an while we was there i seen his batwing shredder.so i asked if it was for sale an he said no but i have a 14ft bushogg i bought 3yrs ago for sale.so we go look at it an its in great shape with new blades an jack along with a new hitch pin.so we end it buying it along with a basically new posthole digger thats only dugg 10 holes.

What brand is the batwing? What hp does it require? I would almost kill for one but I only have 62 pto hp and a lot of tall weeds to get through (8-10 ft).

his batwing was a rhino.the 1 we bought was a 14ft ridgid 3214 bushhog shredder.

James T":oal6shkc said:
What brand is the batwing? What hp does it require? I would almost kill for one but I only have 62 pto hp and a lot of tall weeds to get through (8-10 ft).
Depends on how steep of ground you are on, but me and all the others i can think of would not run a 14 or 15 batwing without a 4x4 and atleast 75 pto hp and that is the very least for this country here.Don't go on what the dealer or cutter maker says on hp they rate them lower than what it really takes to work the best for most situations.

We have some hills and use to use a 4020 on a 15 foot deere now we use either a 4440 or 7520 on it. A 2 wheele drive tractor handels them just fine the 4x4 just is nicer if its a little wet and less flat frount tires

Latest posts