New Show Heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

Snider_Angus

Reaction score
Hey I am going over to a ranch tomorrow to look at these 4 heifers. I wanted to know which ones you thought stood out more.
#1 ALIAS x MAINE
085.jpg

#2 IRISH WHISKEY x HARIETTA (Maine)
107.jpg

#3 HEATWAVE x NUF SAID
HeatwavexNufSaid_Tag218.jpg

#4 MONEY SHOT x Maine
117.jpg

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK. RIGHT NOW the 2 that stand out the most and catch my eye are #3 and #4. But i am headed over tomorrow and will see in person.

I like the third one first.. then the first one second.. but they may look different in person. I'm sure one of the four will be very nice.

The one that stands out the most to me would be the Alias...obviously because of her color. Although I do like her from the picture.I think that number two is going to turn out to be a good heifer but not one that is going to stand out amongst other good heifers. I really like three. She seems a bit too steery for me though. Number four seems like a solid little heifer. This one stands out fairly well to me too. I really really like the Alias heifer though.

I like the 3rd and the 4th. Although I really like the 3rd one and can't stop looking at her, the 4th one looks more productive and feminine. I think the 3rd one is very masculine looking. She sure is a thick stout little thing.
Good luck and make sure you let us know who you get!!

What are your plans for the heifer after you're done showing her? If you intend on breeding her, that could influence the heifer you pick, Heat Waves have high BW and can be TH carriers, Irish Whiskey is a PHA carrier. I think each heifer has some thing good about it, I like the Heat Wave , then the Money Shot and the Whiskey heifers the same (I think the picture angle on the Whiskey heifer take a little away from her)

Good luck picking, and I think you'll do fine with any of them.

#3 looks like the more durable one. She has so much more muscle mass and bone structure than any of the other three. To me, the others are no where close to the quality she represents.

Hands down #1 if you are looking at what heifers are for and that is raising calfs.

#3 if you are looking for one that will be shown where a steer jock is the judge.

I like #3 then #4
I do have to mention that I have had bad luck with Heatwave show steers. We have bought three steers all from diffrent breeders and all three where butt heads. FYI
That being said I would pic #4, would like to see a higher tail set and more coat but thats all for show and can be bred to improve. she looks long in body and thats a plus for me.
#1 I don't like her neckline, topline or color(it makes her look too chopped up)
#2 too straight in the rear leggs and dont like her neck/brisket area or topline.

Would have liked rear views, and remember we show animals so Im looking for good show traits.
Have fun picking her, I wish you luck and congrats :D

I personally like 4 for her overall femininity, balance and structure. The others are all pretty gals depending on what and who you are showing to as Jovid said. Of course 4 may not be thick enough for the continental or AOB shows in OKIE land. Lets see your pick when you get home. I cant see enough of them all to be critical on them. If you choose one of those super thick ones just make sure she moves well.

107.jpg

After going over and looking yesterday we watched them walk and none of them could walk EXCEPT for her. We think that she is the best looking heifer that he has. Really Flat in her shoulder, nice depth of body, SHE IS NOT TO STRAIGHT IN HER LEGS, Wide in her rear end, BUT the one thing that bugs me is her neck(not as clean as i would like it) We have a feeling she will bring a little bit of money.
There is also another heifer that is sired by OVERHEATER(Heat Seeker son) and she is my 1st choice. I dont have any pictures of her but she is a nice one.
PS. I personaly think that the Calf on top is a more flashy calf. BUT the second calf is more feminine in her front end. BOTH REALLY NICE HEIFERS

I would go with #2 because she is really nice animal, not to mention she is stacked bloodline wise on top and bottom. If shes in a sale, I hope ur pockets are deep because she is gonna bring several pretty pennies.