New RV trailer

Help Support CattleToday:

houstoncutter

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations on a new rv. 1/2 towable, so probably around 7500 gross weight. What brands do you own and have you been pleased with the product

Used campers are a dime a dozen now.. Can pick up a great deal off FB marketplace. Are you planning n buying used?

Every one I know who bought a camper to go behind a 1/2 ton ended up upgrading shortly after. The problem is all those #7500 campers turn in to #10K+ when you get your stuff in them. That makes for a long, miserable drive in a 1/2 ton especially if there are any hills.

When I was going out to WTX I used to see tons of campers up and down 10. The only ones I could see working good behind a 1/2 ton were the little ones that were basically just a bed. All those guys trying to pull the 16'-20' bumper pulls were going slow as heck and looked stressed as I went buy them. :lol2:

I tow a 22' caravan with a Holden Colorado (GM family) 2.8 litre turbo diesel GVM of 2.5 tonne and it walks away with it, hills no problem.

Ken

Any Jayco series should be a good camper. I have had a couple of Jayco's and then a couple of the Forrest River brands. My next one will be another Jayco. Their build quality is as about as good as you can get unless you are talking about Airstream price range campers. If you have a modern (2011 and up) half ton you will be fine with the weights you are looking at. Get a GOOD WD hitch and roll on.

Latest posts