New one

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
We only had two heifers calve this fall. I am so glad to have it over and done with. We bought this Midland daughter bred to Mitty In Focus. The breeder had planned to put her in a sale and had her in good condition when we bought her this spring. She ran on grass all summer and don't think she lost much weight. I was starting to get concerned about the calf being too big. But he's a 68# lb bull calf with plenty of vim and vigor. :D

65calf08006.jpg

65calf08003.jpg

very nice! how big is she, or is the fence just taller?

Thanks, all. It's a six strand fence, so it's taller than most of other fences.

Great looking pair you got there FRankie. That calf looks like a small black bear... :lol2:

fourstates":3tohstih said:
Beautiful pair. She looks to be in excellent condition!

Yeah, she's pretty fat. That was why I was concerned about her having calving problems. But she must have just squirted him out. Checked her about 7:30 when we first went outside, again when I left for town at about 9:30, when I came home just before noon she laying in the same spot chewing her cud so I didn't walk out there, around 1:00 there was a calf wobbling around. She seems to like him and he's got that nursing thing down pat, so now if he'll just grow. :D

1982vett":uwg399ha said:
Yup, grass is purdy too.

The grass has been good this year. We had over 10 inches of rain in August. That's very unusual for us and the grass just took off. We don't have nearly enough cows to keep up with it in a rotational grazing situation.

Know what you mean Frankie.. wished I had that "problem" every year like this year. Except now, we need some more rain since its been dry for about 2-3 weeks.

Latest posts