New Longhorn Girls

Help Support CattleToday:

rancherswife

Reaction score
Tell me what you think!
724d1b51.jpg

Good lookin gals. Like the first one better. I like her 'look'. the second looks like she needs some groceries, but looks to be a solid cow. What is the breeding behind them, if you dont mind me asking?

Ryan

I agree with you Ryan! When I saw the pic of the second cow I was'nt real excited. We could'nt make it to the select sale so we sent the in-laws :lol:
The first cow is out of Rangers impact and MOB's Miss KR agradable. She has a heifer calf that was born 1-30-06 and is bred back to Overhead.
The second one is out of Okie and Admiration. She has a bull calf born 5-17-06 sired by Shadowizm and is bred back to Optimizm.
Thats about all the info on them I have. We are going to go get them over labor day. I don't have any paperwork to look at yet :(
Thanks for the responses I really value your opinions.

I do like that breeding on that first cow...Rangers Impact is a good bull and the MOB's breeding I've seen has been really good... and Overhead has some great genetics, too. Don't know much about the genetics on the second cow, I want to say Panther Creek breeding, but I'm not sure really.

warpaint":54uozkvz said:
I do like that Shadowizm bull.

Have you seen him in person? I saw at the Legacy Sale II, kind of disappointing. A lot smaller than I was expecting.

Ryan

Arnold Ziffle":p29brjaj said:
I think you ought to name the first one Miss Zhivago. ;-)

She does look like she could be a Zhivago daughter. :)

Ryan":2hw490s7 said:
I do like that breeding on that first cow...Rangers Impact is a good bull and the MOB's breeding I've seen has been really good... and Overhead has some great genetics, too. Don't know much about the genetics on the second cow, I want to say Panther Creek breeding, but I'm not sure really.

warpaint":2hw490s7 said:

Have you seen him in person? I saw at the Legacy Sale II, kind of disappointing. A lot smaller than I was expecting.

Ryan

He is a smaller frame bull, bred for horn. On bigger framed cows though his calves could be awesome. Much like the Kodiak bull. I've got a heifer about 6 wks. old out of him and the triple twist cow, that I put on here recently.

warpaint":2fc0uc9p said:
Ryan":2fc0uc9p said:

warpaint":2fc0uc9p said:

Ryan

He is a smaller frame bull, bred for horn. On bigger framed cows though his calves could be awesome.

He is smaller framed, I had just heard and got the impression he was a big bull, especially being out of The Shadow. I wasnt impressed with his conformation either, like to change his rear end some. But I did like him a lot better than the bull Super Bowl, and the 3 other bulls that sold at the beginning of the same sale. To each your own, you know.

Ryan

p.s. Sorry for hijacking the thread... Still like the new ladies, hope you love em when you get em... I'm really loving that first one, probably more than i should from a picture... How old is she?

Hijack Away :lol: :lol:
I like reading what you guys have to say, I learn alot!!

The first cow is a 99 model and the second is 02.

I have some calves that I would love to have you guys critique. Maybe when I go out to do chores I'll try to get some pics and post them later. It is like 115 today so everybody is gonna eat late today.

Thanks again for the input :D

They're both probably going to do well for you. Of course the first one is better looking as she's posing better. The second one I'd like to see a front view of her head. Also, some photos either do a cow a justice or an injustice. The second one may look better when you see her in the flesh. Send more photos when you can. Shadowism should do good for you on the horns.

Latest posts