New House Pics

Help Support CattleToday:

He's got a nice mattress for it.

Snotty heifer brought $1.11 a pound yesterday. She weighted 820. So got enought to buy the 8 boxes I need to hopefully finish the inside.
Going to deposit the check today and place my order too. Should get the chinking tomorrow. :banana:

Gotta return one of my new light fixtures the glass inside was shattered. Going to be a busy day.

I luv herfrds":1c4qlbe8 said:
He's got a nice mattress for it.

Snotty heifer brought $1.11 a pound yesterday. She weighted 820. So got enought to buy the 8 boxes I need to hopefully finish the inside.
Going to deposit the check today and place my order too. Should get the chinking tomorrow. :banana:

Gotta return one of my new light fixtures the glass inside was shattered. Going to be a busy day.

Don't you love it when SNOT is worth something?! :)

Love what she brought. Got the chinking ordered but instead of shipping it out of Missoula they are shipping it out of Knoxville so it will be here next week. :( :( :( Right when it get's colder.

Sold a 1/4 beef yesterday too and got enough to buy a Nuheat pad for the kids bathroom. Got 2 bags of self leveling underlayment. went to my favorite tile store and looked around. Lots of tile I really loved, but no carpet I really liked. The warrenties were just 10 years. I want them longer.
He carries a different laminate then the big box stores. Going to research it more.

hold out an buy the best carpet you can buy.an itll last longer than you know.our carpet is 40yrs old an most of it is holding up real well.but we do need to put new carpet in the livingroom.but when we do we are putting tile in half the livingroom.an carpet in the other half.the tile will be on front of the fireplace an 3 doors.

Bigbull we are putting tile in all the bathrooms, the mud room and in front of all the entrance doors.
2 bathrooms will have the Nuheat pad in them. The guest one won't since we are not going to be using it a whole lot.

I found carpet somewhere else that had a lifetime warrenty.

Thinking of the basement floor and I saw this viynl plank that they set edge to edge and it has glue on the sides. I will have to see if I can find it online.

I luv herfrds":kii9kwbb said:
Bigbull we are putting tile in all the bathrooms, the mud room and in front of all the entrance doors.
2 bathrooms will have the Nuheat pad in them. The guest one won't since we are not going to be using it a whole lot.

I found carpet somewhere else that had a lifetime warrenty.

Thinking of the basement floor and I saw this viynl plank that they set edge to edge and it has glue on the sides. I will have to see if I can find it online.

The Nuheat pads -- are those the flat panel units that you can just attach to the wall?

No Kathie. They go on the floor.
It has to be 4 inches from a stud wall. 6 inches from the toilet and tub.
Getting one big enough to go from the door to within 6 inches of the tub. We roll it out and test it to make sure it is working.
Lay it out on the floor.
We are going to pour self leveling underlayment compound on top.
Gotta make sure we put a 1/4" block around the stud's and a bucket over the the area the toilet will be.
Picked up a flat trowel to spread out the compound.
Once it is cured we pulled the blocks and bucket.
Now it is ready to be prepped for the tile.

Son and I went to a different tile store today and we found a tile for both their bathroom and the upstairs entrance and guest bath.
Priced out drywall and fiberglass insulation. Now if I could just remember the formula I did to figure out how many rolls
we needed.

I luv herfrds":2wk1ri5z said:
No Kathie. They go on the floor.
It has to be 4 inches from a stud wall. 6 inches from the toilet and tub.
Getting one big enough to go from the door to within 6 inches of the tub. We roll it out and test it to make sure it is working.
Lay it out on the floor.
We are going to pour self leveling underlayment compound on top.
Gotta make sure we put a 1/4" block around the stud's and a bucket over the the area the toilet will be.
Picked up a flat trowel to spread out the compound.
Once it is cured we pulled the blocks and bucket.
Now it is ready to be prepped for the tile.

Son and I went to a different tile store today and we found a tile for both their bathroom and the upstairs entrance and guest bath.
Priced out drywall and fiberglass insulation. Now if I could just remember the formula I did to figure out how many rolls
we needed.

So, the heat pads go under your tile or flooring? That's a better permanent application. We have an unfinished/needs to be finished room + bath, that will take a propane stove, and "extra" to keep it warm. Have a couple of 2X2 or so wall-mount panels (and the stove). So many projects, so little time . . .

Here is a link to the pads.
http://www.nuheat.com/home.html

The basement bathroom is 60sqft. The mat will be 7 feet by 4 feet. Including the thermostat and tester it will cost us $662 not including shipping.
there are cheaper ones out there but I have talked to guys who have installed this pad and praise it.

ive got a q for you since those heat pads are installed in the floor,how long do they last before they go out.

well i knew they would have to last a long time.as it would be a booger to replace them.

Got a hold of a guy who does sheet rock work. Just getting an estimate to see how much it would cost to have him mud and tape it.
he might be coming out today. Going to see if we can work out a barter of trading work for either half a steer or something along those lines.

going to call the place that has those heat pads and get the cost of shipping it up here and going to send them a payment for it.
Suppose to get really cold here the next week or so.

still waiting for my chinking.

I love the wood grain. What type of wood is it? It looks great. The chinking really sets it off and adds that rustic character.

Hoss it is Lodgepole pine, spruce and the listing said there was some fir in there too.
Alot of the pine is that blue pine with that mold stain on it.

Wood stove is operational. :banana: :banana:

Hubby got the stove pipe through the roof and the stove was hooked up. Running nicely.
I think it would be warmer if we had the ceiling sheet rocked and the attic insulated, but that might have to wait a little while.
Waiting for the guy to come give us a bid on mudding and taping the house.

Such a damp cold here tonight going to heat up some apple cider.

finished up the chinking inside the house. I will have to get some more pics of it. It looks awesome. too blasted cold right now.
I started around 11am and finished around 9pm. Got some slivers in my pointer finger and I cannot get them out.
Thats what I get for tooling the chinking with my finger.

Had some trouble with the wood stove. The high winds we had yesterday was blowing the smoke back down the chimney and the blower was blowing it all over the house
I had to open all the windows to air it out.

Sorry guys I cannot get the new pictures of the chinking to upload to photobucket.
every time it almost gets done it stalls.

I really hate wildblue satelite at times and that is now.

Ok went to a different site and trying them.

img7426p.jpg

By herfrds at 2011-11-20

Latest posts