New Here!

Help Support CattleToday:

craven.44

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Jenn Craven and I am new here. I am a freshman at The Ohio State University as an Animal Sciences/Pre-Vet major. I have very little cattle or livestock experience, but I am very interested in cattle, especially in the dairy industry.

Over the next 2 weeks, I will have the opportunity to train a dairy heifer to lead for one of my classes. I am so excited!I am looking forward to learning more about cattle from this forum and benefiting from all of your experiences. Thanks!!

Jenn

craven.44":zbrcv06g said:
Hello, my name is Jenn Craven and I am new here. I am a freshman at The Ohio State University as an Animal Sciences/Pre-Vet major. I have very little cattle or livestock experience, but I am very interested in cattle, especially in the dairy industry.

Over the next 2 weeks, I will have the opportunity to train a dairy heifer to lead for one of my classes. I am so excited!I am looking forward to learning more about cattle from this forum and benefiting from all of your experiences. Thanks!!

Jenn

No cattle, livestock experience. What made you go "Pre-vet"???? Just curious more than anything.

I'm curious about that also! I haul most of my cattle to A & M for vet care, and I'd guess that half or better of the interns have absolutely no experience with cattle. I thought it was suprising.

welcome, you will really enjoy this site, very helpful. :nod:

craven.44":g34kx12j said:

Jenn

Welcome Jenn... Glad to see you are interested in cattle, because it seems there are not enough folks in the Vet programs now that want to actually work on the large animals. Also glad to see you have a great attitude; keep that going!! One of the best vets around my area is a woman who is just wonderful with cows/horses/sheep/goats...etc. (all the larger breeds) She actually sincerely cares about animals, and is one of the last ones who will come out to a farm to work on them. Good luck to you.

TheBullLady":jlb16dyy said:
I'm curious about that also! I haul most of my cattle to A & M for vet care, and I'd guess that half or better of the interns have absolutely no experience with cattle. I thought it was suprising.

Absolutely...but they score good on test. I got accepted to University of Texas medical school twice while waiting and hoping to get into the vet school at A&M. Eventually I did neither. Guess we have a lot of lucky people AND animals. :lol: :lol:

Latest posts