New Deck(pic's)

Help Support CattleToday:

rattler

Reaction score
Just a few pic's of my last week's project.
HPIM0640.jpg

[/img]
HPIM0643.jpg

HPIM0650.jpg

[/img]
HPIM0649.jpg

rattler

~

Nice deck.

No more mud~!!

Are you going to fence in around the bottom so the neighborhood cats won't use it as a litter box and the skunks won't move in ?

Jogeephus":2ct12sb7 said:
Nice job Rattler. Did you use 5 quarter board or 2 bys on the decking?

joe i used 5 quarter board's.Set the joist on a 16 center.Trying to figure out what kind of banister's i want to put up.

Wewild the family love's it my daughter's were out their at daylight this morning.

Crowder your too late for the first BBQ but their is alway's the second one.

Hc I'll get some pic's of the view in the morning

CC i thought i would put lattice around the bottom

rattler

Good job, rattler.

On the decks that I have built, I always used 2x2 set at 3 1/2 inches apart for the handrails. Cut at a 45 degree angle on both ends, gives them an astetic look.

rattler, a nice deck and a nice view! I'm sure you and your family will really enjoy it. Decks are like an outside living room (kitchen, too, come to think of it). :D

Nice view. Do you cut any hay on the hill? If so, how do you keep the bales from rolling off? Also, do you own a sled and an old Coca Cola sign (round disc type)? Looks like some serious sledding could be had on that hill.

Lammie":2zeoxdqa said:
When are you coming over to build mine?

Lammie we will start first thing in the morning.I like Bacon egg's strawberry jam and biscuits just before we get started. :lol: :lol:

joe don't cut any hay here their is a 12 or 14 foot drop off their

Would like to say thank' for all the comment's.

warpaint i used turned spindle's on my frount porch think i will go with the 2x2's on the deck.

rattler

Nice job rattler. Don't those joist hangers make a job easy? Anyone besides me remember when all those fancy hangers didn't exist?

rattler":19974fq4 said:
Horticattleman":19974fq4 said:
Nice deck but how bout a pic of the view!
Hc here are acouple pic just as the fog was riseing this morning.
HPIM0653.jpg

[/img]
HPIM0655.jpg

rattler

I'll bet the view is awesome when the leaves change color.

flaboy?":5u2ptn28 said:
Nice job rattler. Don't those joist hangers make a job easy? Anyone besides me remember when all those fancy hangers didn't exist?

flaboy the joist hanger's do make life easer not hard for one person to hang a joist and yes i do remember the old way lost my religon when i built our first house.

Ken when the leves turn i'll post some more pic's.On a good year it is awesome.We like to sit at the dinning room window and watch the snow come across that ridge too

rattler

Latest posts