New Deck(pic's)

Help Support CattleToday:

warpaint":zvifv3rz said:
Good job, rattler.

On the decks that I have built, I always used 2x2 set at 3 1/2 inches apart for the handrails. Cut at a 45 degree angle on both ends, gives them an astetic look.

Hey honey can I have one of those? Ours is a little small but theres plenty of room for expansion. :D

Nice deck, where are you from in WNC? I was born and raised around the Canton area, family are all still living there.

Tegerian":2s90tcfa said:
Nice deck, where are you from in WNC? I was born and raised around the Canton area, family are all still living there.

Tegerian i am from the SpringCreek area.Year's ago we lived close to were the truckstop is just before you get wanesville for a wile but that has been many years ago.

rattler

I've been away in the military for 19 years now, so it's been many years for me as well. But it's always nice to see folks online or in person from around home. If that's the truck stop I'm thinking of we used to eat there every morning during deer season on our way out to Harmons Den.

Tegerian":7u0wlqyr said:
I've been away in the military for 19 years now, so it's been many years for me as well. But it's always nice to see folks online or in person from around home. If that's the truck stop I'm thinking of we used to eat there every morning during deer season on our way out to Harmons Den.

Tegerain yes that is it.Harmons Den use to be the hot spot to deer hunt hunted it quite a bit my self also hunted Max Patch and Lemon's Gap a lot hadent been to neither in a wile.

rattler

TNMasterBeefProducer":3381iy5e said:
I think that it is funny that people put decks on modular homes and trailers. I seen a double wide here recently with a wood deck. I was like that sure does look redneck and trashy. Yours however looks pretty good. Wasnt leaning like the one I seen the other day. Aint nothing wrong with a trailer if thats all you can afford. Did it once when we first got married. Never again.

MasterBeefer What funny about putting a porch on a doublewide you got a porch on your house same difference?Redneck i may be but trash i am Not let's not go their.What is right for you may not be right for me.Mine dident cost 200 thousand dollar's but it keep's the rain off my head and it's warm in the winter nuf said.

rattler

TNMasterBeefProducer":2rxt93ld said:
I think that it is funny that people put decks on modular homes and trailers. I seen a double wide here recently with a wood deck. I was like that sure does look redneck and trashy. Yours however looks pretty good. Wasnt leaning like the one I seen the other day. Aint nothing wrong with a trailer if thats all you can afford. Did it once when we first got married. Never again.

Rattler dont take offense. I think you've done a great job on your Deck.Your place looks great, and once again I have to appologize for Master Beef. Not all us Tennesseans are like him, we dont cut other folks stuff up, and try and hurt someone's feelings. ;-)

Crowderfarms":1b4v02di said:
TNMasterBeefProducer":1b4v02di said:

Rattler dont take offense. I think you've done a great job on your Deck.Your place looks great, and once again I have to appologize for Master Beef. Not all us Tennesseans are like him, we dont cut other folks stuff up, and try and hurt someone's feelings. ;-)

I wonder what part of yankee country the beefman came from.

rattler":23n9ymqj said:
TNMasterBeefProducer":23n9ymqj said:

MasterBeefer What funny about putting a porch on a doublewide you got a porch on your house same difference?Redneck i may be but trash i am Not let's not go their.What is right for you may not be right for me.Mine dident cost 200 thousand dollar's but it keep's the rain off my head and it's warm in the winter nuf said.

rattler
Rattler like others have said don't take anything TNMasterBeefProducer says as fact he isn't bright enough to know the difference between dressed beef weight yeild % and boxed beef weight yeild %. He's just letting his mouth flop yet again.

rattler I'd be proud of that deck, as I said before sure looks great to me, I'd love my husband to build me one like it. And as for the views I'm green, green, green with envy. Take care, Chris....

somn":3kc8tkpg said:
rattler":3kc8tkpg said:
TNMasterBeefProducer":3kc8tkpg said:

rattler
Rattler like others have said don't take anything TNMasterBeefProducer says as fact he isn't bright enough to know the difference between dressed beef weight yeild % and boxed beef weight yeild %. He's just letting his mouth flop yet again.

Good post Somn. It seems to flop open a lot.

Hollar at me rattler when your coming down this way. Nice place you have.

When the time comes and we have to answer for our lives, I don't think we will be telling what kind of house we lived in. It will be among other things how we have treated one another.

Gate Opener":5eklo8f4 said:
When the time comes and we have to answer for our lives, I don't think we will be telling what kind of house we lived in. It will be among other things how we have treated one another.

Gate Opener you are so right you hit the nail on the head.

would like to Thank all for the great comment's on our place.There are some dang fine folk's on this board.Thank's agin

rattler

I for one never noticed what house it was on! Not that I care anyway. Just know its dang nice and I sure wish I was sipping my coffee tomorrow morning watching the sun come up with ya!

Oh TN Ms. Bf Prod. or whatever, I'll keep you in my prayers tonight!

Rattler, have you ever been to Looking Glass or Sliding Rock? I had some mountain training in my younger days and kinda got hooked on the thrill of rock climbing for a while. Used to go to Looking Glass, Linville Gorge, Table Rock and some other places I can't seem to recall right now. Beautiful country. Also, I think the highest percentage of pretty girls I ever saw was in Transylvania county (?) NC. I can't recall where that was exactly but the girls sure were easy on the eyes.

Are you familiar with any of those places?

joe i have been to slideing rock many year's ago when i worked for the Forest Service table rock i have never been funny how you can live just a little wile from a place and never go their.

Why not the view was great last night with the full moon.

rattler

Rattler,
I think that is a nice place you have there, and in a beautiful location. You should be proud to live there, and in the place you do. You did very well on the deck you built. I have built 4 homes in my day and two of them had decks similar to the one you did. I like them. good job man.

Latest posts