New Damascus knife

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Must be Christmas in July. I had no idea that one of my neighbors made handmade knives. We had just invited them over for the holiday and for their kids to swim.he brought over a box of knives he has been working on. Most of them finished. All of them with custom handles and nice custom inlays and such. He doesn't sell them, just makes them for fun to relax. As he's leaving he flips a knife at me(in a handmade leather sheath) and says "merry Christmas".
Nice knife, good balance, tulip wood handle, perfect size for gator spiking and overall belt carrying.

:shock:

Maybe he has been working with Mr. Cobb. He lives up there somewhere. Great guy. We went to buy a knife and spent the whole afternoon there. Now he makes a knife from scratch!

From what he told me, the Damascus steel is several alloys folded on each other. Once they fold them the amount of times they want, thu shape it. Then etch it with some kind of acid. The acid only attacks certain alloys and that brings out the differences in the folds. Then it gets the final edge.
At least that's the gist of it from what he said.

I can put you in touch with the guy who made it brother sky. He make tomahawks too. :grin

hooknline":c4z9n94g said:
I can put you in touch with the guy who made it brother sky. He make tomahawks too. :grin

lol guess you are scared I will steal yours ... I thought you were about looking after your neighbors and such ???????????? surely you don't mind you " Brother " borrowing your knife.... or do you ????????? ;-)

Nice knife. I really like the look of Damascus.
Does your neighbor super cool his knives? Not asking to look a gift horse in the mouth.
But if you've ever had one it makes a difference. It supposedly rearranges the atoms to a more stable structure. When sharpened, the edge lasts a long time.

I only have one but I field dressed 3 hogs and a few deer and it still seemed like a brand new edge.

Latest posts