New Crop Calf Pics

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
Took some pics today. Another cold and windy day, calves don't seem to mind.

P1010012.jpg

P1010009-1.jpg

P1010013.jpg

P1010036-1.jpg

We have calves, seem like everywhere, enough pics :oops: For now. :D
P1010038-1.jpg

Lots of healthy sassy babies there mnmt!
Looks like your cows are doing a great job!

dont they just tear up those bales in the background in the fifth pic?

And how many people here use hay rings?

I like your setup. Lots of clean space for the calves to keep healthy. I see your snow is just about gone, isn't that a good feeling? Ground frost coming out in your area yet?

We use hay rings to feed hay. It saves a fair bit. But with calves you aren't going to lose much hay if a couple little bull calves are going to tussle with a 1000 lb. bale. :cboy:

MM....good looking calves. I'd be darn proud of them too. Calves aren't going to hurt that hay. Pic. 4 looks like the roll of hay has a ring around it. You can show us follow up pics latter. Good job.

Oh yeah we use rings, got about a dozen usable ones. Use them some on frozen ground, but not on mud. Way to much waste as these cows will move the ring around when as the bale lightens. I also have a heavy feeder wagon that holds 5 15 hundred pound bales. As soon as the frost is out and things firm up I feed exclusively in the corn ground.

On normal years the 1st of May starts the field work. Cows go to pasture 1st of June. So we still have a lot of feeding.

Thanks for the comments all. :D

mnmtranching":1iqtvzmd said:
Oh yeah we use rings, got about a dozen usable ones. Use them some on frozen ground, but not on mud. Way to much waste as these cows will move the ring around when as the bale lightens. I also have a heavy feeder wagon that holds 5 15 hundred pound bales. As soon as the frost is out and things firm up I feed exclusively in the corn ground.

On normal years the 1st of May starts the field work.
  • .>>>Cows go to pasture 1st of June. So we still have a lot of feeding.<<
Thanks for the comments all. :D
sound's like it.. we are starting to dread summer slump by then.

Thanks for sharing the pics. Its always good to see good looking cattle, and to see how other folks in a different part of the USA does things.

I like the set up you have there with the wooden lane to bring the cows in. and nice lookin calves. And yea i see that ring in the one pic, i just saw the calves laying in the hay and was wonderin if most people did that in your area.

funky 4-Her":16hngmrq said:
They look good :clap:
But... how do the cows get to the calves to feed them? Or am i missing something?

I'm thinking the calves can get back and forth between the boards. Calves go to the cows, not cows to the calves.

Pretty good idea.

funky 4-Her":tg1wkifm said:
They look good :clap:
But... how do the cows get to the calves to feed them? Or am i missing something?

Yup, bandit is correct, calves can move back and forth for nursing.

gerardplauche":3mbtwv7t said:
nice - how much for all of them???? :nod:

Cost of hay-------$135 ton
Cost of fuel--------$4 gal
Cost of fertilizer -$600 ton

80 calves frolicking in the Spring grass-------------PRICELESS

Latest posts