New Cattle Handling Facilities

Help Support CattleToday:

customcattle

Reaction score
So we were in need of some new cattle handling facilities and recently put in a new bud box and alley way at the house. It worked out really well as I am an Ag Teacher and was able to get the students in on designing and helping to build the panels and the alley way. We made the alley way adjustable from 30" down to 18" and added an escape/mothering gate to it as well. We weaned calves and preg checked heifers through it so far and it worked well as long as the person in the back knows how to handle cattle. My dad was back there and it worked smooth, but had a kid back there who had some difficulties. I attached some pictures and a video putting some calves through it that have never been through a chute or alley way before. Take a look at the pictures and video and let me know what ya think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7uOn4G8On4

What I always loved about ag....working on the instructor's farm. :lol: :lol: All joking aside looks good from what I can tell. Wish the pics would enlarge a bit.

TexasBred":1f503meg said:
What I always loved about ag....working on the instructor's farm. :lol: :lol: All joking aside looks good from what I can tell. Wish the pics would enlarge a bit.

Did ya click on them?

slick4591":fvxtdyui said:
TexasBred":fvxtdyui said:

Did ya click on them?
Yessir and this time they enlarged. ;-) First time I couldn't get them to do anything. Very nice looking pens.

I answered this once but didn't seem to take so here goes again.

They seem to work well. What I did like was how you can move the sides in. That looks like a trailer jockey wheel minus the wheel to me??? Very innovative.

Ken

One question I forgot to ask when I was typing yesterday is how much people would value, mostly the alleyway at. I'm interested in possibly building and selling a few per year if I have time.

wbvs58":1mlfrb8e said:
I answered this once but didn't seem to take so here goes again.

They seem to work well. What I did like was how you can move the sides in. That looks like a trailer jockey wheel minus the wheel to me??? Very innovative.

Ken

Yessir I used a trailer jack to move the adjustable side in and out. She runs in pretty smooth, but is a little long winded.

If you have a cordless impact / drill, take the handle off and weld a nut on, quick and easy to run it in and out.

Latest posts