New castration band on the market?

Help Support CattleToday:

Update.
We ended up ordering some of these. I used them on cattle that were around 450-500lbs.
They were super easy to use and apply. The sacks started to dry in in days, and fell off with in 4 weeks.
I would recommend these to everyone, we will definitely be ordering again.

cowbellbecky":16rohunr said:
Update.
We ended up ordering some of these. I used them on cattle that were around 450-500lbs.
They were super easy to use and apply. The sacks started to dry in in days, and fell off with in 4 weeks.
I would recommend these to everyone, we will definitely be ordering again.
Thanks for the update I like the looks of those bands myself.

Same statement, could be made of any band, what if that thing fails after a day or two? Then ya got problems. That surgical band, appears to be clamped on the zip tie. That looks like it could fail. Also, all zip ties are not created equal. Some of them are pretty useless.

BRYANT":1e90aext said:
cowgirl8":1e90aext said:
BRYANT":1e90aext said:
do you not read SMALL the size I make there aint NO WAY - NO WAY they will ''fall out''
As the sack rots a hole can get large enough to open up specially if gravity is pulling down on the nut.....I would not cut anything if you band. Just cut them off...
how many have you did this way??? if you do them the way I do that is not true. its a drain hole/slit never had what you are saying to happen, but I don't have a bunch of slim rotten flesh like you are saying either. Anything that can drain will dry. Either way will work your way they rot off and they stink and the slimy infection goes someplace ??? don't know where. My way they dry up, very little -if any smell, no big bunch of slime, in just a few days they fall off. from what you are saying sounds like you have never tried it my way and are committing on something you know nothing about.
I've got a pretty strong constitution but Bryants post just made me throw up a little in my mouth. Come on people! Just learn to knife cut. Its the surest and easiest way to castrate and no part of the animal should go to waste..

BRYANT":2i7gdxhr said:
slit the bottom of the sack on them big calves and they will fall of a lot faster, like a couple weeks. If I band big calves, which I don't like to do, I keep a pair of ear notching pliers with me and clip a drain in each side, fast and works great.
I have a few bulls around 850-900lbs that I was going to save for a bull, they did not turn out like I was hoping. Curious to this method above, never herd of doing that. Just a pin hole through front and back of the sack?

Latest posts