New Car.

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian

Reaction score
Northern New England Region, Tenterfield NSW Austr
Pick up our new car tomorrow. (second hand actually but new for us) It often doesn't pay to buy a new car if you can get a good quality used car. Ours is a bright red Ford Falcon xr6 sedan,6 cylinder with only 8,000 kilometres on the clock and 1 year old. For $27,900. Its in immaculate condition owned by a car deatailer that gets a new car every year and always a red one.. Will do us for for a while. Brand new Fords like this one retail for about $42,000. Ford performance vehicles V8 sedans range in price from $57,000 to $65,000. Too expensive cars are here in Australia. What are they like in the US,Canada,UK or NZ or SA?

congrats on your new car.from the prices you gave theres seems tobe some price differances tween yall an the U S.

Thanks for the link Van as I had no idea what a Falcon looked like, it looks like our Mondeo, which I have one of....I love driving it have had it for years would like a new or newer one but can't afford it at the moment, what with the credit crunch. Cars here are very expensive the UK is know to be one of the most expensive Countries for cars and fuel.....Mondeo would start at about £18,115 ($44939.60 Aus) looked up a Falcon for sale here and it would set you back £21,000 (Aus$52820.55) Hope that gives you an idea into the English market.
ps. forgot to say happy motoring and enjoy your new car.

Chrisy I agree the Mondeo is a nice car but a little dear. Got the car its great. Got rid of our other ford falcon had it for 5 years,it was nine years old and had 183,000 ks on the clock. It was a darn good car but the kilometres were creeping up. We do about 25,000 kilometres a year.Fuel prices are staying up despite oil price dropping. We pay generally about $1.56 per litre for premium unleaded and ordinary unleaded is about $1.48 a litre. We used to whinge about it when it was about 80 cents a litre. I can remember in 1983/84 it was 40 cents a litre.Wages have gone up a lot since then.

That's how my mom always buys her cars. I can always tell what she will be driving by looking at what the dealer's wife is driving. :nod: Smart way to get a good deal and insure quality.

Latest posts