new calf

Help Support CattleToday:

This calf is a heifer. Took more pictures today.

The steer calf born Dec. 4 is already eating feed.

Thanks for the complements. We have two bred heifers that are due next. Watching them pretty close because the weather is fairly cold right now.

The red and white cow is full Pinzgauer. The black and white cow is Angus x Pinzgauer. We have 2 Angus cows, 2 Angus bred heifers close to calving, 1 full Charolais cow, 2 Charolais x Pinzgauer cows, 1 blue roan (possibly shorthorn x) cow, 2 open full Charolais heifers, and 2 open retained heifers 1 out of a Charolais x Pinzgauer cow and by a Red Angus bull, and the other out of the roan cow which was bred to a Black Angus bull when I bought her. I have pictures of all of them posted on this board but can re-post them if y'all don't want to look for them.

I realize that most i have different breeds and crosses and that most focus on only one breed. To make it easier, most of mine have angus, charolais, or pinzgauer in them. I wouldn't call them a heinz 57 herd just because I have more than one breed in my herd, as that makes me think of a mutt. All were bought from neighbors so I do know for certain what the crosses are. All of my full blood cattle could be registered and the crosses are out of registered stock. The only cow that I have that I do not know the exact make up of is the blue roan.

Sorry for the dry humor.
Now that you mentioned it, I do remember my dad calling mutts that.
Sorry
Liz

No problem, only pointing out that just because I have a mixed herd they are not what I would call mutts. However, I am sure the mutt cows can do good producing calves so I really did not take offense to the comment.

One of the heifers had her calf. Made for a nice late valentines day gift.
c6277c2aa319a46f24d8a178441da703_zps746d9301.jpg

Latest posts