New bull calf

Help Support CattleToday:

Joy of Texas

Reaction score
Well,this little guy was born a couple of hours
P1120464.jpg
ago. Full beefmaster.

Whew! That's a big boy...good lookin' big boy!

Alice

I bet he can hear for miles with those ears.....

man that sure is a nice looking bull calf you have there.i love the red on the face.

I think I just found me a new herdsire! :) I just love the markings on his cute face!

Thank you all, He weighed 74 lbs. so he's a good size baby. He'll be for sale next year sometime unless I decide to keep him.

dang joy how meny bull calves have you kept for herd bulls.you sound like me ive got 2 bulls im keeping for herd bulls.

jedstivers":118rub73 said:
Good looking calf & the rest of your pics are too. What are the breeds and precent in beefmaster, I've forgoten?
Ok ,it's 1/3 brahma,1/3 hereford and 1/3 shorthorn. Thank you,I can't wait until he's older. I have high hopes for this one.

bigbull338":30lum0eq said:
dang joy how meny bull calves have you kept for herd bulls.you sound like me ive got 2 bulls im keeping for herd bulls.
Well,lets,see How about to dog gone many. LOL. For real,I have 4 herd bulls that I use. I held back one smaller framed bull. He is used on my heifers only.
This year in the pasture I have 12 bull calves that I will hold back. I know they will not all make for breeding bulls. But I sure like to watch them grow.

thats not too bad.ive got 2 bulls i held back.an im watching the 3rd baby bull.he sure is growing real good.his momma is a heavy milker.so i want to see how she raises a bull calf.

Latest posts