New Breed?

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN":shhe6vbe said:
5S Cattle":shhe6vbe said:
If someone would pay me, I could make a living driving around and slapping people who lie about cattle on Craigslist.
Sometimes I wonder how many are intentionally lying, or just ignorant to to fact...

Some are lying. A bunch are ignorant. I have a lot of family members who have married people from various parts of the country. The majority of them think all cows are black and white. They are great people but they just have never been exposed to the lives you and I live. Hard for us to fathom but I think we would be really surprised at the low level of knowledge most people have about animals and farms and such.

I see a lot of city people come out and buy 15 acres then become homesteaders. Lots only have a general idea which end the shyt comes out of. This folks are some of the people that buy off Craigslist and get shafted.

JMJ Farms":3vo05vyd said:
ALACOWMAN":3vo05vyd said:
5S Cattle":3vo05vyd said:
If someone would pay me, I could make a living driving around and slapping people who lie about cattle on Craigslist.
Sometimes I wonder how many are intentionally lying, or just ignorant to to fact...

Some are lying. A bunch are ignorant. I have a lot of family members who have married people from various parts of the country. The majority of them think all cows are black and white. They are great people but they just have never been exposed to the lives you and I live. Hard for us to fathom but I think we would be really surprised at the low level of knowledge most people have about animals and farms and such.

I agree. We have new neighbors. Many times Mr. New-neighbor refers to everything out in my pastures as "cows". He doesn't believe me when I tell him, "yes, I do have a bull with them". Mr. New-neighbor: "but none of your 'cows' have horns". Mr. New-neighbor: "I know you have a really big 'cow' out there, what's her deal?" (the bull) I have explained to him, on several occasions that not all bulls have horns, baby cows are called calves etc.

slick4591":2z643wb4 said:
I see a lot of city people come out and buy 15 acres then become homesteaders. Lots only have a general idea which end the shyt comes out of. This folks are some of the people that buy off Craigslist and get shafted.

But, but, everybody knows only sick cattle are sold at the sale barn. :cboy:

JMJ Farms":3m8iy4e4 said:
Caustic Burno":3m8iy4e4 said:
JMJ Farms":3m8iy4e4 said:
:lol2: Better jump on that deal. Can't find those just anywhere :hide:

Just look at the beef covering the hooks and pins, true seed stock.

He's only 150 miles from me. SouthernUltraBkack is gonna have to beat me to him!
No need for you to look at my friend's bulls now!!! I will tell him you have decided to go "new breed"!

Caustic Burno":2cmdwcfw said:
kenny thomas":2cmdwcfw said:
Just think, the seller thinks someone will see Angus and buy it.

Just need to be 51% black hide to qualify for CAB.
That line should be called Folding Money.
Borderline having 51% black - but the kicker is - they have to be BEEF type. Nope - this one will NOT make it! LOL

JMJ Farms":1war0kkv said:
Caustic Burno":1war0kkv said:
JMJ Farms":1war0kkv said:
:lol2: Better jump on that deal. Can't find those just anywhere :hide:

He's only 150 miles from me. SouthernUltraBkack is gonna have to beat me to him!
JMJ, I was racing down there to get him and lo and behold I found another black and white angus. You get that bull and we will have the market cornered!!

southernultrablack":1racmhmn said:
JMJ Farms":1racmhmn said:
Caustic Burno":1racmhmn said:

JMJ, I was racing down there to get him and lo and behold I found another black and white angus. You get that bull and we will have the market cornered!!

Now that's some engineering right there, and what balance

southernultrablack":2dak4epn said:
JMJ Farms":2dak4epn said:
Caustic Burno":2dak4epn said:

That ain't his first cowasaki!

Latest posts