New BP guidelines...........

Help Support CattleToday:

Just came in and checked my BP 96/69. Been in the heat and sweating. Sure do not feel as well as you should with it that low.

hurleyjd":107z7hat said:
Just came in and checked my BP 96/69. Been in the heat and sweating. Sure do not feel as well as you should with it that low.

I am still having trouble in the morning. Very difficult to describe medical feelings. I tried a morning sports drink called Black Powder. It has a lot of caffeine but also NO - nitric oxide. It helps a lot.

Pretty interesting thread. With the Watchman device is blood thinner needed? GB you are very knowledgeable on this subject and I learn from reading your post. With almost 5 million people in the US affected by this and rising, very interesting. Seems like in just the last few years they have came up with new techniques that work.

Bright Raven":1jlcxwid said:
'Guidelines' and 'normal' and everything that falls under the bell curve are methods of defining BP.

My BP runs low and my pulse is on the extreme left of the bell curve. According to my doctor, that is my 'normal'. My pulse has been as low as 48. My blood pressure both systolic and diastolic can fall below the median for measured BP. I have some early morning symptoms - really hard to describe. Not dizzy, it is more like feeling like you want to sleep. I recently passed out one morning. Doctor says he has the same characteristics. Low pulse, low morning BP.
I have those morning feelings sometimes, but I'm pretty sure mine is hangovers.

kenny thomas":26q0r4wn said:
Bright Raven":26q0r4wn said:
'Guidelines' and 'normal' and everything that falls under the bell curve are methods of defining BP.

My BP runs low and my pulse is on the extreme left of the bell curve. According to my doctor, that is my 'normal'. My pulse has been as low as 48. My blood pressure both systolic and diastolic can fall below the median for measured BP. I have some early morning symptoms - really hard to describe. Not dizzy, it is more like feeling like you want to sleep. I recently passed out one morning. Doctor says he has the same characteristics. Low pulse, low morning BP.
I have those morning feelings sometimes, but I'm pretty sure mine is hangovers.

They say that hangover medicine is a good blood thinner, but I don't know about everything else.

jltrent":1t6rplph said:
Pretty interesting thread. With the Watchman device is blood thinner needed? GB you are very knowledgeable on this subject and I learn from reading your post. With almost 5 million people in the US affected by this and rising, very interesting. Seems like in just the last few years they have came up with new techniques that work.
For 4-6 weeks after the implant is done, warfarin is used. This is in case the procedure dislodged any existing clots. I don't remember what the dosage was on the warfarin.
After that, the only blood thinner is one 81 mg aspirin daily.

If you have other circulation issues, (diabetic or peripheral vascular disease) the cardio electrician may prescribe an anti-platlet like Plavix (Clopidigrel)

greybeard":2n10j988 said:
jltrent":2n10j988 said:
For 4-6 weeks after the implant is done, warfarin is used. This is in case the procedure dislodged any existing clots. I don't remember what the dosage was on the warfarin.

If you have other circulation issues, (diabetic or peripheral vascular disease) the cardio electrician may prescribe an anti-platlet like Plavix (Clopidigrel)

Thanks for the information as it sounds like the device would be great, especially since the blood thinners are not needed. I never knew about this until your thread/post. A lot of other people should be interested in this, especially if long term it proves out.

greybeard":xlltnejo said:
jltrent":xlltnejo said:

The dosage of Warfarin is always based on the INR numbers. Those can fluctuate quite a bit from individual to individual, so I doubt there is a "standard" dosage. But medicine is making progress by leaps and bounds.

Bright Raven":3r3y6d15 said:
hurleyjd":3r3y6d15 said:

I am still having trouble in the morning. Very difficult to describe medical feelings. I tried a morning sports drink called Black Powder. It has a lot of caffeine but also NO - nitric oxide. It helps a lot.

Similar stuff. Autonomic. Get caffeine and salt in you asap each am--electrolyte drink works well. I use those drops you can put in water, or the powder. Dr. once told me to eat a few spoonfuls of salt a day. :yuck:

TennesseeTuxedo":3och5ot2 said:
TexasBred":3och5ot2 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3och5ot2 said:
Where does 196/129 fit in?

That's my personal best from 2006.
Dang man. Might ought to have that checked. Mine has always been around 120/80 or there abouts but pulse will always be over 100......MD put me on a BP med to lower my pulse. Took about 4 months to get dosage adjusted but now runs about 100-105/65-70 most of the time and pulse around 80.

I did, made some lifestyle changes and haven't had any issues since then.
its a blessing you ain't walking with a cane..

sstterry":3ft190r2 said:
greybeard":3ft190r2 said:
jltrent":3ft190r2 said:

The dosage of Warfarin is always based on the INR numbers. Those can fluctuate quite a bit from individual to individual, so I doubt there is a "standard" dosage. But medicine is making progress by leaps and bounds.
No, there isn't a 'standard dosage' They start you off and then check INR after 7 days, and adjust from there. There are different factors, including what you eat that can change how the Warfarin affects different individuals.
It's a balancing act to keep in the middle.....not so low that you risk a clot but not so high that you spontaneously begin bleeding from places you'd rather not.......

jltrent: The Watchman (and other LAA closure devices) is usually for people with Afib that cannot take blood thinners long term due to spontaneous bleeding issues.
(I bled from so many different places while on Xarelto, one Dr asked if I had recently visited one of the Ebola countries, and he was serious)

Latest posts