New Addition + Bottle Baby

Help Support CattleToday:

branxchar&charx

Reaction score
Picked up this pair on the 4th of July at a fair price, $900. I do like em with a touch of ear.😎😎 she likes her back scratches.

0711212100c_HDR.jpg

Found this calf in time. Mother hid it for 5 days, it was very wobbly and weak. Pulled the calf and cow was only milking in one quarter. Shes going to town in a couple weeks and my parents and nieces are loving the bottle baby.
Screenshots_2021-07-13-12-01-08.png
Snapchat-45576131.jpg0711212100_HDR.jpg

I Really like that pair. I think you did great getting them for that price. That calf should really grow on her. Glad you found the bottle calf in time. Looks like it enjoys watching Dr. Pol like I do.
Found the pair on CL. Guy selling out and this was his baby. He was milking the calf and bottle feeding it, said calf was apparently acting like it couldnt nurse, why it was cheaper than his others. I tried giving the calf the bottle the first day but it wasnt having it.lol calf is nursing perfectly fine and going to take the pair out to the big pasture next week.0705212035_HDR.jpg

I thought the bottle baby was a goner but she pulled through. Drinking 3 bottles a day now. Dr. Pol is definitely a fave compared to some of that other crap on tv.haha0711212123a_HDR.jpg

Nice pair! I also dig the Boston (we have 2) and the donk (its hard to find a good one here!).

And I am more guilty about having cows and sheep in the house. Yes husband gets upset. People look at me weird if I buy Depends for baby cows too

Nice pair! I also dig the Boston (we have 2) and the donk (its hard to find a good one here!).

And I am more guilty about having cows and sheep in the house. Yes husband gets upset. People look at me weird if I buy Depends for baby cows too
I hate those stupid mini donkeys of my sisters; bout as bad as goats.😂
Boston and the bottle baby are buddies.lol

@MurraysMutts im surprised no one has tried it on this calf, diapers or pads😂
Screenshots_2021-07-13-22-31-24.png

I hate those stupid mini donkeys of my sisters; bout as bad as goats.😂
Boston and the bottle baby are buddies.lol

@MurraysMutts im surprised no one has tried it on this calf, diapers or pads😂
View attachment 5954
Friend of mine had triplet bull calves and the cow tore after birthing all three naturally. All 3 bull calves in the house with diapers on (had to get creative since they were bulls)! Rotten little sh@ts now but they will come when you call

U keep those 3 together long enough, shes liable to be a mother too....
Brahma are good mothers. I've heard they leave no calf behind.
So my sister msgd me yesterday saying the bottle baby wasnt drinking her full bottle, sounded raspy. I was thinking crap. I get out there and find this...
Snapchat-1900367269.jpg
0725211933.jpg
Calf looked and sounded fine as was its poop, navel etc. Only drank a quarter bottle tonight but as u can see.lol
However, she can only drink if the other drinks or else she kicks lightly. Im hoping another week or so and she'll fully adopt. Her regular brangus calf is growing like a weed.

So my sister msgd me yesterday saying the bottle baby wasnt drinking her full bottle, sounded raspy. I was thinking crap. I get out there and find this...
View attachment 6415
View attachment 6416
Calf looked and sounded fine as was its poop, navel etc. Only drank a quarter bottle tonight but as u can see.lol
However, she can only drink if the other drinks or else she kicks lightly. Im hoping another week or so and she'll fully adopt. Her regular brangus calf is growing like a weed.
LOVE IT!!

Calf is smart enough to know to get in there when the other is nursing. It will do fine. I have several that have gone on cows like that. Got a hol bull calf that I grafted on a cow that had a dead calf... she never picked up a foot and accepted him in about 2 days as hers. Back out to pasture in a week and I caught him on another cow, then when his "mother " came up, she talked to him and he went right to her... so I know he will not miss any meals.
Several of my 1st calf heifers were raised together and I find them "co-mothering" calves all the time... will see 2 calves on different ones at different times.
It is nice though when a bottle calf learns to find his own momma!!!!!

Finally moved the new mama and her two babies this weekend to the big pasture. She eventually fully accepted the bottle calf as hers.
0829212010_HDR.jpg
Next pictures is the bottle baby "testing the waters." Claudia, THE boss cow and Mama cow. Last picture is Claudia and Mama Cow competing for the title of boss cow. Mama cow won this round but about 10 minutes before, Claudia won that round.
Screenshots_2021-08-28-23-48-32.pngScreenshots_2021-08-29-20-53-35.png
0829211948_HDR.jpg

Better be careful!
Liable to get attached to that calf...
😂🤣😂🤣
As i stated in the other thread, everyone else got attached to this baby.
1208210805.jpg
The calf behind her weighed almost 300#. Growing but not great. No idea if she'll ever have a calf.haha
1116211521a.jpg

We also keeping the brahmas heifer, Gabriella, back and hopefully she'll make a great cow too.
1117211649b_HDR.jpg1128211703a_HDR.jpg

I always like seeing stories of people's cattle and how the story can progress. So fast forwarding this thread 2 years and 2 months later...
Queen Ranch was finally found and mother only produced milk out of one quarter
Snapchat-45576131.jpg
She had her first calf on her own on valentine's night and she has a better bag than her sorry mama ever did.
0216241630a.jpg
0216241630.jpg
0216241631a.jpg

Her adoptive family about a week ago. The brahma cow just got our 3rd calf from her a couple months ago and Gabriella is confirmed bred for a later spring calf.
0211241339_HDR.jpg

Latest posts