Nesikep

Help Support CattleToday:

It was just another day... except for a nice black forest cake... still had to move irrigation pipes, cows are still eating... it was a balmy 30C here, which is unseasonably cool, 7 degrees more....

I know they say dog years are 7 times more than human years... but how do cows age?

it was a great day for taking pictures, so I got one of my old cow and she posed nicely... she's 15 now and actually bred back the first time this year (she hasn't done that in a while), and I'm giving her about 4 lbs of COB twice a week, she seems to do well on that
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/ ... G_6910.jpg (large image)
IMG_6910-1.jpg

If it weren't for a creek that we irrigate from (read - 'lots of work'), we'd have nothing but sagebrush and bunchgrass here, average yearly rainfall is 9", and 80% of it is from november to February, the remaining 20% comes along when you have your hay cut... Despite the general idea that canada is cold, we can get over 100F from may to september, and yes, there are wild cacti growing here.

As for the cow, she's showing her age, she's actually going gray and her shoulderblades are getting sharper, unlike her teeth

Latest posts